ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia @ Nazareth

I’m thinking that back can be Mitch!

All joking aside we need to get to talking about this game. I made a pledge that I’d talk football not BS earlier this season.

Okay getting back to the game so Jwar doesnt fall off the wagon and break his pledge...

What kind of a deep passing game threat does Batavia have? I’ve never seen anyone beat Nazareth (last 3 seasons, Prairie Ridge in 2017 title game being the exception) without a passing game that had athletic receivers that could get behind the DB’s. Marist used to have the kid that went to Naperville Central, Ritter had D1 receivers that beat DB’s, Simeon didn’t win but came close with a big receiver that was a deep threat. I don’t think Batavia will get it done if they are counting on a traditional running game. Tell me why I’m wrong.... go!

Note taken but I’m guessing that Justin and Jordan are currently focused on beating Philips.

No doubt, but I'd be surprised if the head coaches of both schools didn't have someone, like a special assistant, on some kind of scouting mission. Whether it's a business or Lee at Gettysburg, it never hurts to have a person on staff who is good at long-range forecasting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
No doubt, but I'd be surprised if the head coaches of both schools didn't have someone, like a special assistant, on some kind of scouting mission. It never hurts to have a person on staff who is good at long-range forecasting.

Just have to study the 4th quarter of the last game against GBN. Lynch ran wild.

Ouch, one of the 7 deadly sins!

Maybe you can answer my question about #2 what’s his status and where’s he going to college?
I know that #2 kid and don’t know much about his injury, seems to be keeping it under the radar, definitely isn’t anything to do with what happened to him last year because he is moving around fineness on the sideline. As far as college I know he has taken visits to some Big 10 schools and Big 12 and has patriot league offers.

Good to hear for the kid...you certainly can’t coach 6’7” 240! Get that quality education for sure from the patriot league. If nothing else comes alive, Georgetown is a great fall back on a full ride! I guess the folks at Batavia that have an issue with a great Catholic education will just have to get over the Georgetown affiliation!

I know that #2 kid and don’t know much about his injury, seems to be keeping it under the radar, definitely isn’t anything to do with what happened to him last year because he is moving around fineness on the sideline. As far as college I know he has taken visits to some Big 10 schools and Big 12 and has patriot league offers.

Okay getting back to the game so Jwar doesnt fall off the wagon and break his pledge...

What kind of a deep passing game threat does Batavia have? I’ve never seen anyone beat Nazareth (last 3 seasons, Prairie Ridge in 2017 title game being the exception) without a passing game that had athletic receivers that could get behind the DB’s. Marist used to have the kid that went to Naperville Central, Ritter had D1 receivers that beat DB’s, Simeon didn’t win but came close with a big receiver that was a deep threat. I don’t think Batavia will get it done if they are counting on a traditional running game. Tell me why I’m wrong.... go!
Batavia passing game is under rated, very young but FAST. Have two slots running a 4.4 and a 4.5 also maybe will have back their big 6’7” target, plus that Taylor kid out of the backfield has done some damage in the passing game but T. Urwiler might be the best receiver in the state.

This whole thread is hilarious. Batavia people upset that Nazareth gets talent to come to their school, here's a thought. Win some state championships and you guys might get some top talent to come to your school as well. Naz by 17 points.

Come on man, they got two, count them again, 2 Slots that are sub 4.5 sec 40 kids and a 6’7” kid; plus that stud RB and the Best receiver in the state. I’m changing my line Naz +7.

This whole thread is hilarious. Batavia people upset that Nazareth gets talent to come to their school, here's a thought. Win some state championships and you guys might get some top talent to come to your school as well. Naz by 17 points.

Come on man, they got two, count them again, 2 Slots that are sub 4.5 sec 40 kids and a 6’7” kid; plus that stud RB and the Best receiver in the state. I’m changing my line Naz +7.

Can we get some official times on these sub-4.5 guys? Is Batavia housing some late cuts from NFL teams?

Last edited:
Reactions: IgorStL

Lmao yeah I think Batavia definitely has the speed advantage. I don't thank Naz's skill guys will be able to get to the edge. Heard they have a safety thats like Harrison Smith thats gunna shadow Morris all game. From what i've heard he's so good that Morris may not even have a catch all game.

Reactions: pm373869
Hey man, I know what sub 4.5, live with sub 4.4, even know what sub 4.3 looks like in person and it’s freightening! I can’t wait to see coach Franklin on Thursday and tell him he needs to get coach Rahne to Batavia to look at all these kids and make offers ASAP.

Yeah some of the Tri-City Chargers coaches said their runningback ran a 4.8 in 7th grade, so he's gotta be in the 4.5 range now don't ya think.

Who cares. I have avidly read this thread trying to learn what to watch for during the game. my takeaway, don't sit close too anyone because people are butt hurt over things out of their control. This will be one of the best 7a match-ups of year. Good luck to both. Who should I watch, outside of JJ?

&&& If my kid could get more offers because they play w/ JJ, maybe I move.

Ryan Keeler is a LT, DE for Naz, and is a pretty highly recruited kid. Good athlete. My prediction for the next level is that they put 40 pounds on him and keep him on the offensive line.

Ryan Keeler is a LT, DE for Naz, and is a pretty highly recruited kid. Good athlete. My prediction for the next level is that they put 40 pounds on him and keep him on the offensive line.
How has #62 looked this season? I've watched his twitter highlights, but those make everyone look good.

Wow Mr. Williams had 2 picks and y’all still lost by 19. When did those picks come and did they result in points? Will he be kicking and punting this year as well?

First was at the goal line last play of first half with Nazareth up 28-14 so it may have saved points but didn’t result in any.

Second was in 3rd quarter with Nazareth driving 3rd down play from say the Batavia 30 and picked at Batavia 10 returned to midfield Batavia then scored on the ensuing drive. Of course had Nazareth went on 4th down (too far for FG to close to punt) and didn’t get it the ensuing drive result may have been the same.

Speaking of punting... has Batavia found a long snapper this year?

Under

Edit: i May be wrong. Jwar’s Team is out of the PA playoffs, Posse looks like they’re in playoff mode, Some new posters from the other team poppin up and off. It’s going to come down to the wire
It wasn't a line. This is happening

Reactions: RockSoup
Admittedly my team is out, and I hit 100% of my sales quota back in April; so time is on my side to hit the over. The problem is I’m trying very hard to stay focused on talking football rather than BS so with that said. I think Naz needs to use their tall receivers to advantage and open up the middle of the field by both passing and running between the hashes. Not sure I’d go RPO but rather play action. Thoughts?

Under

Edit: i May be wrong. Jwar’s Team is out of the PA playoffs, Posse looks like they’re in playoff mode, Some new posters from the other team poppin up and off. It’s going to come down to the wire

Admittedly my team is out, and I hit 100% of my sales quota back in April; so time is on my side to hit the over. The problem is I’m trying very hard to stay focused on talking football rather than BS so with that said. I think Naz needs to use their tall receivers to advantage and open up the middle of the field by both passing and running between the hashes. Not sure I’d go RPO but rather play action. Thoughts?
I didn't mean to underestimate your abilities to add to the page count. Since you hit your quota, I agree with Epic. 10 plus.

Reactions: USD24
Interesting. I’d say your playing into Batavia’s with that game plan. But I haven’t seen too many Naz games, is the whole offense not syncing on the RPO for you to make a call like that.

Thanks buddy how’s life for you? I actually do miss our battles and commonality.
Not bad. What are your thoughts on the state of Naz' recruiting moving forward? Do you think they can still flourish post-JJ? I'm thinking the twin losses of Jwar and Coach Weiss may have a negative impact.

No I didn’t mean to insuniate anything was amuck with the Naz offense or their game plan. Personally I don’t always like the RPO because it can more easily lead to mesh induced mistakes in the cold. Naz will do what Naz will do and I was looking for opinions. Regarding the middle of the field, when you can open that up it changes the entire dynamic of the game in my opinion.

Interesting. I’d say your playing into Batavia’s with that game plan. But I haven’t seen too many Naz games, is the whole offense not syncing on the RPO for you to make a call like that.

I believe you give me way to much credit regarding the recruiting of kids to the Nazareth community. I was/am a very strong proponent of the academics at Naz. They have proven out in my sons all either graduating or being on track to graduate from highly accredited universities with BS degrees in 3 years or less and go onto or plan to go onto grad/and/or Law school. I believe that Nazareth will flourish because of so many known and unknown contributors!

Not bad. What are your thoughts on the state of Naz' recruiting moving forward? Do you think they can still flourish post-JJ? I'm thinking the twin losses of Jwar and Coach Weiss may have a negative impact.

Reactions: Gene K.
No I didn’t mean to insuniate anything was amuck with the Naz offense or their game plan. Personally I don’t always like the RPO because it can more easily lead to mesh induced mistakes in the cold. Naz will do what Naz will do and I was looking for opinions. Regarding the middle of the field, when you can open that up it changes the entire dynamic of the game in my opinion.
Understand better now. Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT