ADVERTISEMENT

Batavia 21 - Geneva 18 F

Geneva with a long TD drive followed by the same for Batavia. Both QBs run it in

Geneva slowly marches down and scores on a short scramble. 2pt conversion good. Refs really letting the line...play

Nothing pretty about this game. Batavia's line did their job all night and Boe made 1 nice pass for a TD and ran a couple more in. Geneva's QB basically had to run for his life most of the night but he's a gamer and made some nice plays to keep them in it. They didn't involve the franchise WR Taylor enough for my liking as I would have forced the issue a little more even though Batavia paid a lot of attention to him.

My first look at Batavia this season. I like Boe and I'm glad I made him by Preseason Conference POY. Batavia's good but according to the board they were going to pistol whip Geneva. Didn't happen and to be honest I think Geneva catches a break somewhere they sneak out with a victory. Just my opinion. Road doesn't get easier for Geneva as they get a snake bitten Falcon squad on the road next week.

Nothing pretty about this game. Batavia's line did their job all night and Boe made 1 nice pass for a TD and ran a couple more in. Geneva's QB basically had to run for his life most of the night but he's a gamer and made some nice plays to keep them in it. They didn't involve the franchise WR Taylor enough for my liking as I would have forced the issue a little more even though Batavia paid a lot of attention to him.

My first look at Batavia this season. I like Boe and I'm glad I made him by Preseason Conference POY. Batavia's good but according to the board they were going to pistol whip Geneva. Didn't happen and to be honest I think Geneva catches a break somewhere they sneak out with a victory. Just my opinion. Road doesn't get easier for Geneva as they get a snake bitten Falcon squad on the road next week.
I don't think those who said it would be a blowout have watched either team much this season. I expected it to be close, and it was in the final score. However, Batavia controlled this game start to finish with some self inflicted wounds here and there. Would have been easy for them to have an "off game" after the last 3 weeks, but they still showed up for the most part. Penalties are still their Achilles heel.

WWS/ Batavia in two weeks is shaping up to be interesting since the DuKane started in 2017 the Crider kid from WWS is the best player the league has produced, there have been a ton of great players so far but he is averaging about 200 yards a game on a bum ankle. Some D1 school is going to come in and snag him late and get a steal.

Reactions: prince_of_pilfer
Best player the league has produced????
Bulldogs by 2+TDS.
Have you watched him? He his 200plus lbs and runs like he is 170lbs, he is a very rare hs player.

Who are your best players? I would say the best kids I’ve seen are Nubin, Buckley, Jansey, Forcucci and the lineman from StE and he is easily on the same tier as all of them. The Taylor kid from Geneva will pass all of them next year but isn’t there yet, they don’t get him the ball as much as they should.

Last edited:
Have you watched him? He his 200plus lbs and runs like he is 170lbs, he is a very rare hs player.

Who are your best players? I would say the best kids I’ve seen are Nubin, Buckley, Jansey, Forcucci and the lineman from StE and he is easily on the same tier as all of them. The Taylor kid from Geneva will pass all of them next year but isn’t there yet, they don’t get him the ball as much as they should.
Yes, he is a beast.
Your matter of fact best player irked me…carry on.

Reactions: ClownBaby
Not a pretty football game. Batavia has proven they adjust better than anyone in the DuKane. They bottled up Taylor for the 2nd straight year. Geneva got going in the 2nd half because they started moving Batavia's defense side to side and working the edge. But Geneva's 2nd level was too soft on pass coverage and they couldn't get off the field on 3rd down the entire night. Batavia looked good enough, Geneva didn't play well. Both probably relieved they won't see each other in November.

I don't think those who said it would be a blowout have watched either team much this season. I expected it to be close, and it was in the final score. However, Batavia controlled this game start to finish with some self inflicted wounds here and there. Would have been easy for them to have an "off game" after the last 3 weeks, but they still showed up for the most part. Penalties are still their Achilles heel.
Controlled the game start to finish? Lost the ball on downs their first possession and then Geneva pussy footed around when they got close to the end zone and had to kick the FG to go up 3-0.

I think Geneva is better than they showed but we'll find out vs WN and SCN in the coming weeks. I just wasn't that impressed with Batavia. Other years in this conference I bet they'd lose a game or two.

Based on how the game at WWS went on Friday night, 22 carries for 50 yards, 2.27 YPC, I don't think he's in the same class as the above-listed players. No knock on the kid, he's a tough back who runs very hard but your assessment of his abilities are very skewed. Nubin will be in the league, Jalen Buckley is the 3rd leading rusher in the MAC as a redshirt Freshman and Taylor is getting SEC offers.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT