ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball should shorten the season

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
The baseball season goes on forever they should shorten it down to 140 games and start the playoffs on September 1st. The length of the season kills people interest in the sport since everyone knows who is going to win the divisions at this point and we are just tuning baseball out and football in. Baseball has so many problems right now and is a dying sport the length of the season isn't helping.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
I had this discussion with a friend of mine and I countered with my idea. I said I’d prefer to see 162 game season and no playoffs. Old time baseball. No divisions, no DH, no inter league play. American and National league pennant winners square off in the World Series.

I had this discussion with a friend of mine and I countered with my idea. I said I’d prefer to see 162 game season and no playoffs. Old time baseball. No divisions, no DH, no inter league play. American and National league pennant winners square off in the World Series.

I would actually prefer this to what they have now.

Reactions: eireog
162 game season
Universal DH
Actually enforce pitch clock
No robot umpires
Pay minor league better

That's it for me, the game is near perfect. But I'm in the minority, I prefer MLB over any other sport

I have a tough time watching baseball. It's just way to slow compared to other sports. They would have to add a 15 second pitch clock for me to watch it.

Baseball should be over when football begins period.

For playoffs I like winner of the regular season in both leagues play each other and that's it.

Also how do the Sox get Madrigal back? His game is really needed on the Sox.

Grandahl is the most overrated player in baseball. He can't throw anybody out and pitchers don't trust him knocking down balls in the dirt.

Trade away both Grandahl and Kimbral.

I have a tough time watching baseball. It's just way to slow compared to other sports. They would have to add a 15 second pitch clock for me to watch it.

Baseball should be over when football begins period.

For playoffs I like winner of the regular season in both leagues play each other and that's it.

Also how do the Sox get Madrigal back? His game is really needed on the Sox.

Grandahl is the most overrated player in baseball. He can't throw anybody out and pitchers don't trust him knocking down balls in the dirt.

Trade away both Grandahl and Kimbral.
I'd be OK with trading both those guys. Not sure anyone jumps after Yaz, therefore they may have to shop Vaughn with Kimbrel. Too many 1b/Dh types.

I heard they’re going to pick up Kimbrel’s club option and trade him. They need to get a catcher. It was embarrassing to watch the Astros basically steal at will. I know two of those bases were on mental errors twice by Kopech and once on Kimbrel but the catching needs to be addressed. Kopech nearly didn’t get to first on the shot snared by Abreu. I like the Kopech but he really needs to get it together mentally.

I heard they’re going to pick up Kimbrel’s club option and trade him. They need to get a catcher. It was embarrassing to watch the Astros basically steal at will. I know two of those bases were on mental errors twice by Kopech and once on Kimbrel but the catching needs to be addressed. Kopech nearly didn’t get to first on the shot snared by Abreu. I like the Kopech but he really needs to get it together mentally.
Catcher defense is what I always responded with when asked "what is your biggest fear in the playoffs".

Reactions: Wassup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT