ADVERTISEMENT

Bajenski Tourney:Tonight JC v PC and StL v SR

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
Winners will play tomorrow night.Would love to see Godfrey vs Fellows tonight at 730. I'll be there.

Originally posted by DeanOfSelection:
Winners will play tomorrow night.Would love to see Godfrey vs Fellows tonight at 730. I'll be there.
I'm pretty sure Delasandro is going for JCA tonight.

Interesting thing about Delesandro....he's going to Purdue as a catcher, but probably will not catch one pitch at JCA.

He's most likely going to catch tomorrow. Has caught a few games last week.

Well played game tonight. Nice win for the Hillmen. I was very impressed with Godfrey. I thought he looked as good as Delasandro. Walks in the sixth killed him. Fellows will throw tomorrow vs Rita. Should be a great matchup.

Didn't know he caught this year. I thought Devine and Melone were their catchers. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by pjjp:
Didn't know he caught this year. I thought Devine and Melone were their catchers. Thanks for the info.
Devine has been the primary catcher this year, with Melone getting some time behind the plate. I don't think Delasandro had caught any innings before last week. Interesting time in the year to make line-up changes.

In the last six years, they have two state titles, a third and a 4th place finish, so they've had more recent state success in baseball than football. This year will be telling. If they can get out of their regional, they have a good chance to repeat as state champs, which would push them up to 4A next year. I'd love to see that happen, because they should have a very good team next year. Their two top pitchers are back (Dalesandro and Fellows) and many position players, as well. They would be a threat to win 4A next year. It hinges on this year and the regional results. Beating LWW and Lemont back-to-back is a tall order, especially if they face Latz in the regional final.

BTW....they are now 28-6. They play as tough of a schedule as anyone. But, they are only the #3 seed in a 5-team regional. That speaks to the strength of that regional, and of course, the insanity of the IHSA seeding process.

I haven't seen JC allow a run in 4-5 games. If you guys don't start posting smack on JC baseball I will. Nobody will cross the 50 on JC pitching staff.

Viator put 9 runs on the board last weekend and then gave it away in the bottom of the 7th. Different story in the second game with Fellows pitching. Kid is a stud! He looks effortless out there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT