ADVERTISEMENT

5A Championship Game - Ref Question

penlight

May 29, 2001
Joliet
Will the Naz player who was ejected at the 5 minute mark of Q4 yesterday be eligible for the State Championship game?

Will the Naz player who was ejected at the 5 minute mark of Q4 yesterday be eligible for the State Championship game?
He’s out pending an appeal, IHSA are cowards so the appeal is a waste of time but he was ejected for helmet to helmet hit, which did not occur.

Reactions: tuccs
He’s out pending an appeal, IHSA are cowards so the appeal is a waste of time but he was ejected for helmet to helmet hit, which did not occur.
I do not like seeing a kid miss the biggest game of his life over a split second lapse in judgment, though he damn near took the life out of defenseless player who had signaled for a fair catch.

It may have been a late hit or a fair catch interference or unnecessary roughness, but defintetly was not a helmet-to-helmet hit.

He will be suspended for the game
I don't know how many of you know that a kid from East Louis sat the last 2 state finals for an ejection. I heard it was the same kid
Incorrect. One kid sat for the state finals last year for 2 unsportsmanlike penalties against Lemont. First was a spiked ball after his touchdown run and the second was waiving by to Lemont student section.

The other kid the year before had to sit out the semifinal game as he too made a gesture towards Lamont fans in the quarters for his second unsportsmanlike penalty.

Hard to watch a kid sit out the state game but it is what it is.

Hopefully the team rally around his absence on the field. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT