ADVERTISEMENT

Big hire at Rolling Meadows

Snetsrak61

Aug 16, 2008
This seems like an odd hire. He was in the NFL in the 22-23 season. Does he have any coaching experience, let alone high school coaching experience?

Tough for any in-house assistants or outside hires that put time in to then get told no because they are hiring an ex-NFL guy who may not have any coaching experience, let alone a HS program before. I mean I get the excitement of being able to hire a prominent Bear and NFL guy but....you never know with these.

This seems like an odd hire. He was in the NFL in the 22-23 season. Does he have any coaching experience, let alone high school coaching experience?
I think Rolling Meadows probably is using the Jason McKie model as a comparison and what he has done at Carmel Catholic

Reactions: Graz74
Tough for any in-house assistants or outside hires that put time in to then get told no because they are hiring an ex-NFL guy who may not have any coaching experience, let alone a HS program before. I mean I get the excitement of being able to hire a prominent Bear and NFL guy but....you never know with these.
He was on Fremd's staff last year

Heard no one internal wanted the job.

On the flip side, it's an opportunity for those assistants to learn from an NFL guy, even demonstrate their coaching chops to an NFL guy, and broaden their coaching network.

On the flip side, it's an opportunity for those assistants to learn from an NFL guy, even demonstrate their coaching chops to an NFL guy, and broaden their coaching network.
You play in the league that long you know.
RMHS had a down year or two but are normally decent, at least a qualifier. This could elevate them a bit, we will see.

Reactions: Irishfan90
Oh come on.

Dude played in the NFL for 15+ years. He’s going to kill it.

I’m not saying it’s a sure thing he kills it but yes I think he will be just fine.
Any NFL vets taken over at a public school before? Usually it attracts players to private schools when they go that route.

Any idea what his connection to RM was?

Any NFL vets taken over at a public school before? Usually it attracts players to private schools when they go that route.

Any idea what his connection to RM was?
I believe it was a combo of him living in the area and them having a job opening

Gould may do well, but it will not be because he was a kicker in the NFL.
But not just any kicker. He's not Cody Parkey. Gould knows the game, has a positive personality, and people respond to him. I think he'll acquire more than a few players who might have gone elsewhere, not to mention those he siphons from the transfer pool. Rolling Meadows could be rolling in a few.

I'd bet a dollar that ET is working on an interview.

Last edited:
Gould may do well, but it will not be because he was a kicker in the NFL.
If he does well it’ll be because he understands how to win and motivate young people and rally a community.

Playing in the NFL for as long as he has I’m sure he’s learned how to do these things along the way.

Reactions: Gene K.
But not just any kicker. He's not Cody Parkey. Gould knows the game, has a positive personality, and people respond to him. I think he'll acquire more than a few players who might have gone elsewhere, not to mention those he siphons from the transfer portal. Rolling Meadows could be rolling in a few.

I'd bet a dollar that ET is working on an interview.
What transfer portal? Lol

If he does well it’ll be because he understands how to win and motivate young people and rally a community.

Playing in the NFL for as long as he has I’m sure he’s learned how to do these things along the way.
I bet they have a great kicker! Hahahaha

Loyola had success doing this a few yeas back. Holocek was an assitant at Iggy I believe.

RM mostly Viator territory, some other private or do they have low leakage?
Although well within Loyola's recruiting radius, it's way closer to Viator. I don't think Loyola gets many kids from there. No idea how well Viator does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT