ADVERTISEMENT

3A SEMI-FINAL CHATHAM-GLENWOOD 17 JCA 5 *FINAL*

MIKEFTB

Jul 7, 2001
Bolingbrook IL
Glenwood pulls a Clubber Lang and wallops the Hilltoppers winning by the 10 run rule...My predictions have started out in flames!

MIKEFTB

Mike, what happened to JCA??? I know Chatham Glenwood is a good ball club and all...but come on...how do you get blown out like that???? Were they overconfident or was Chatham Glenwood a far more superior team....which I doubt is the case.

I wish I had the answers..I wasn't sure about how strong the competition was down in Springfield after I saw their season results and stats...I know they had a lot coming back...remember it was JCA who beat them in the 3A final last season...as I said yesterday somethimes things like that are great motivators....It just sounded like this team was flat out teeing off on the Hilltoppers so they had to be a darn good squad....now we'll see if this will motivate the JCA players who will return next season....tough way to lose....

MIKEFTB
This post was edited on 6/11 1:17 PM by MIKEFTB

3A SEMI-FINAL DE KALB 6 MARIAN CENTRAL 1 *FINAL*

Much like Chatham did with JCA.. De Kalb comes out swinging and puts 3 on the board in the bottom of the first after a debacle of a defensive inning on Marian's part. 3 errors by the 'Canes are no help. Barbs P Jake Lemay scatters 6 hits over 6 1/3 innings and fans 8. Four of those six hiits came off the bat of Marian CF Scott Franzegrote who was 4 for 4, but no RBIs...

So we have our 1st state title match up tomorrow at noon...Chatham-Glenwood vs De Kalb...3rd place JCA vs Marian Central for the 9AM breakfast club crowd...

My baseball prognostication is for the birds! I sure hope the hex starts wearing off soon...hold on...gotta check...not too bad right now....

MIKEFTB
This post was edited on 6/11 4:39 PM by MIKEFTB

i felt that loss from here! ouch

No matter how the "breakfast game" goes, bot to be proud of this JC team that battled through a tough season.

I think JC has a lot coming back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT