ADVERTISEMENT

3a regionals....

sporthog9er

Jun 9, 2001
IHSA did it again. I encourage all to look at the 3a regional assignments as they are posted now. JCA Lemont LWW all at Lemont regional. Look who is at the Oak Forest Evergreen and Manteno ones. Comical.

first off-4 classes for baseball is ridiculous. I would have 2 classes and do it like D1 baseball does where you protect the top seeds. Games are way too far apart also in the playoffs where u can ride one pitcher like PC did last year when they came in 5th place in the Blue.

Yes I think this is a good thing. Nice little regional tourney rival they have going on there. Have to play well to get out of it. I have really enjoyed watching the last couple of years. Would not miss a pitch.

Originally posted by Varsity11:

Yes I think this is a good thing. Nice little regional tourney rival they have going on there. Have to play well to get out of it. I have really enjoyed watching the last couple of years. Would not miss a pitch.
the problem is - " I have really enjoyed watching the last couple of years."

it is not about us. it is about letting kids play until their logical - fair end - of the season or even career...

objectively, a kid who is on the fifth best team in state, should play until that end is met. while we will never get that - and upsets are one of the many great thing in sports, we should work to create a fair playoff system for the kids - not for the fans.

So I shouldn't go to the games just because I happen to like the current system and understand how it works? The only way it will ever change is if these towns pick up and move elsewhere and I just don't see that happening over a high school baseball tournament.

Originally posted by Varsity11:

So I shouldn't go to the games just because I happen to like the current system and understand how it works? The only way it will ever change is if these towns pick up and move elsewhere and I just don't see that happening over a high school baseball tournament.
correct. stay home.

things are good so long as you like them. Whether they merit the best result is imaterial.

I get why they do this the way they do. What I don't get is Oak Forest is no longer in this regional , yet Chicago Agricultural is. Now that is what doesn't make sense

Originally posted by ref2:

I get why they do this the way they do. What I don't get is Oak Forest is no longer in this regional , yet Chicago Agricultural is. Now that is what doesn't make sense

Ref, i actually get it too. What i don't get is...in football they manipulate the brackets....pas de chance in baseball for some reason. I just want them to stay consistent. It's not like these things are unchangeable.

Scrap the whole system.... 8 sectionals in each class, 20-25 team double elimination bracket, take 2 weeks to do it..8 teams advance to state tournament, which is also double elimination.. Time it out so state if after schools are out, run it Thursday thru Sunday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT