ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Non-Conference Games

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
I know Brook plays GW. JC-PC. MC was invited to go out to Philly week 1 but not sure what the story is there. Any others?

The Marist website shows their two Non-Conference games next year as DuSable and Rita. Are they not playing Rice next year?

My son tells me Palatine will be playing Stevenson first week of the season next year.

This year's Stevenson team was a pretty senior laden team, and maybe they'll have a state championship hangover and we'll catch them week one. We have a strong core from the MSL West champs returning defensively, and a great sophomore squad including Ethan Olles younger brother Zack at QB...who actually looks better than his brother...you just never know.

Dean
Following your theory, and Montini's history of losses at the hands of Loyola in 2010 and 2011, if we play Loyola, and lose, we are a lock for the 2015 5A championship.

This post was edited on 12/1 2:41 PM by bronco man

Originally posted by bronco man:
Dean
Following your theory, and Montini's history of losses at the hands of Loyola in 2010 and 2011, if we play Loyola, and lose, we are a lock for the 2015 5A championship.

This post was edited on 12/1 2:41 PM by bronco man
In that case, we need to find a way for JCA to play LA non-conference.

Originally posted by hornetnation7:
HS at GW week 2. So we will find out real quick where we are.
Eh, I wouldn't say that. Even if South gets blown out they have 6 weeks to figure things out and get ready for the playoffs. Always keep in mind that they play 7A and 8A teams all year, so if they just get into the 6A playoffs they'll make noise. The schedule (regardless of opponent records) gets them ready for the playoffs. The depth of a 6A team compared to a 7A & 8A team is big difference. The GW game doesn't make or break anything for them (not saying you said that, just saying). Honestly, I think they go 6-3 or 7-2 again in 2015. They'll lose to Hins. Central and Glen. West. I see them winning the rest of their games but DGS and AT will be tough. AT won't be as good and I think DGS will be the same they were this year.

I'm 99% sure JCA/ Wheaton North has been cancelled. With the new DVC set up they play 8 conference games and one cross over with the Upstate 8, Wheaton North and WWS play week 1 next year.

The Marist website shows their two Non-Conference games next year as DuSable and Rita. Are they not playing Rice next year?

Correct...not playing in 2015.
This post was edited on 12/1 4:34 PM by missameyer

Originally posted by ClownBaby:
I'm 99% sure JCA/ Wheaton North has been cancelled. With the new DVC set up they play 8 conference games and one cross over with the Upstate 8, Wheaton North and WWS play week 1 next year.
Thats a bummer. I liked that matchup. Nice to play someone different. Maybe the Hilltoppers will have to travel week two. I'm up for a road trip. I had a blast in Minneapolis last year when JCA played St Thomas.

Originally posted by missameyer:

Correct...not playing in 2015.
This post was edited on 12/1 4:34 PM by missameyer
What is the reasoning behind this? I thought they had a long term deal once they resumed the series a few years back.

I would think with the success factor, Naz will be in 5A next year and MCHS and SHG in 6A, so not likely to happen. Wasn't Naz the smallest 6A school, based on enrollment?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

JC guys,

So if Wheaton North is really not going to happen week 2, any word on who might replace them on JC's schedule?

I'd honestly not be upset if it was a little sister of the poor. I assume the ESCC schedule stays the same and just switches home/away. That would leave PC week 1 and Carmel week 3. Carmel had a very good sophomore fullback. So we've got our work cut out for us weeks 1 and 3. Might as well schedule yourself a win week 2. Heck, schedule yourself a 40 point win and keep yourself healthy if at all possible. I'm sure it would be tough to find an average at best opponent willing to play, but if we can, that would be the ideal situation. Anyone have any word?

Not going to happen, but a JC/SR game would be very interesting. I am assuming the SR/Marist game would be Week One.

Not sure how good Rita will be next year, so maybe they should just schedule a creampuff for Week Two.

Originally posted by JCHillmen:

I'd honestly not be upset if it was a little sister of the poor. I assume the ESCC schedule stays the same and just switches home/away. That would leave PC week 1 and Carmel week 3. Carmel had a very good sophomore fullback. So we've got our work cut out for us weeks 1 and 3. Might as well schedule yourself a win week 2. Heck, schedule yourself a 40 point win and keep yourself healthy if at all possible. I'm sure it would be tough to find an average at best opponent willing to play, but if we can, that would be the ideal situation. Anyone have any word?
Agreed. I'd go with a very winnable game too. Most of the non-conference matchups involve a two-year deal. JC would be wise to schedule a lesser opponent in Week 2, especially for 2016. I expect 2016 to be a very lean year for the Hilltoppers.

Originally posted by pjjp:

Originally posted by JCHillmen:

Agreed. I'd go with a very winnable game too. Most of the non-conference matchups involve a two-year deal. JC would be wise to schedule a lesser opponent in Week 2, especially for 2016. I expect 2016 to be a very lean year for the Hilltoppers.
I'm hearing the Hilltoppers may be looking to go out of state for week 2. We shall see.

I have seen it mentioned on here before but I think it would be awesome to see an annual CCL vs ESCC challenge to open the season. You can either have the games scheduled normally at one of the schools on a Friday or Saturday or you could make it a big thing at either Soldier Field or Toyota Park. Have 2 games Friday night and 4 games Saturday featuring the top 6 teams from each league. Possible matchups could be:

MC vs JCA
PC vs Naz
LA vs ND
SR vs Marist
BR vs Benet
Montini vs Carmel

Would be a fun kickoff to the season and I would bet draw some pretty decent crowds.

Originally posted by ssi84:
I have seen it mentioned on here before but I think it would be awesome to see an annual CCL vs ESCC challenge to open the season. You can either have the games scheduled normally at one of the schools on a Friday or Saturday or you could make it a big thing at either Soldier Field or Toyota Park. Have 2 games Friday night and 4 games Saturday featuring the top 6 teams from each league. Possible matchups could be:

MC vs JCA
PC vs Naz
LA vs ND
SR vs Marist
BR vs Benet
Montini vs Carmel

Would be a fun kickoff to the season and I would bet draw some pretty decent crowds.
I like the concept. But for games, how about...

MC vs. JCA
PC vs. Benet
LA vs. Carmel
Rice vs. Marist
Rita vs. Notre Dame
Montini vs. Naz

Oak Lawn Richards' Non-Conference Games

Week 1. is Lincoln Way North ,Week 2. is Geneva, Week 3 is Crossover with Lemont, week 4. Is first conference game with Reavis:- Go H.L.Richards Bulldog football 2015:

Lemont
Plainfield South
at Danville

Bremen
At St. Ignatius
Perspectives

Tinley Park:
Rich South
at St. Ignatius

TFS:
Crete
Urban Prep- Englewood

Shepard
Niles North
Payton Prep

EP
Lake Station IN
At Immaculate Conception

Oh boy . . . . .

I have no idea how SR will be looking for next year, so as far as I'm concerned, the Marist-Bronco games will be a toss up. Will not be surprised if SR goes 1 - 3 or 0 - 4 in the Blue next year.

MC looks to be loaded next year
SR rarely beats LA
PC coming off a state championship--should be strong next year
BR ? Guessing this will be a toss up game as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT