ADVERTISEMENT

your school's "All Time" team

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
Pick our offense (pro form, spread) pick your D (4-3, nickel)... pick your players.

I got for The Brook

4-4 defense

DE - Anthony Herron
DE - PJ South (sleeper)
DT - Steve "Big Cat" Williams
DT - Ryan Bain (close to putting Roosevelt Holliday)
OLB - Big Cat's little brother
OLB - Antonio Morrison
MLB - Mitchell Marshall
MLB - Tuf Borland (really close to putting Julian Huff here)
CB - Todd Howard
CB - Greg Williams
S - Parrker Westphal

Triple option offense out of the double wing (yes I hate the double wing still)

OL - Jordan Dillingham
OL - Rob Bain
OL - Ed Torres
OL - Big Joe
OL - Ohene Wiafe-Ababio
QB - Aaron Bailey
RB - Dale Martin
RB - Antoneo Harris
RB - Marcus Smith
WR - Greg Williams
WR - Shin Kerr (6'7" hooper as if we need to pass)

my OL knowledge is not so good so if there's a Raider fan reading this feel free to adjust. I went with size mainly.

Who's on your all time team?

Let me help you make that line a bit more formidable...

I'm okay with Robbie Bain on the OL since he did a great job while at the Brook, I like the nasty streak he can have, all the time he puts in the strength room, and what he has done at U of I. Without thinking to hard I would immediately subs the other 4 with:

Ken Haynes - legitimate all stater who played his college ball at South Carolina and spent some time in some pro camps but not sure if he ever stuck on an NFL team past the preseason.

Jim King - Originally a TE (and very heavily recruited out of HS) but had a massive frame and was converted to lineman. By the time he graduated college at Western KY he was up for some All American teams. As far as I remember, I believe he might have been the first player signed out of the Brook by an NFL team.

Dale Holcomb - All Stater who was very highly regarded and played at Col State. Going off more what others say plus I briefly dated his youngest sister and she was a real sweetheart. Nice family.

Kenny Augustus also come to mind. I believe he played both ways and made all state on D and played college ball somewhere, but I remember people talking him up quite a bit.

There are others too, but those guys come to my mind right away.

The second thing I would do is to substitute Robert Farmer for Dale Martin. With all the good RB's the Brook has had the 3 top RB's I use as benchmarks as are Smith, Harris, and Farmer. Overall, I like it.

Lots of good DL's, LB's and could probably list some more DB's as well. Howard and Williams were a cut above at DB. PJ South would probably get challenged but I always thought he could have received more attention so I'm good with it. I thought the same for Jondae King and Mitchell Marshall as well. I know Marshall got plenty of attention but still thought that kid was exceptional (on the defensive side of the ball). I thought Marshall played Safety as well, but either way Williams, Morrison, Marshall and Borland would be up there with the best at almost any school.

I like how you have Greg Williams listed both ways. He deserves it more than anybody else as I think he was the best player at the high school level in the history of the Brook.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cross Bones
my first MC game was '88 @ Marist but really can only break down last 25 seasons ('90-'14)

I will start with my D line in my 3-3-5

Enoch Smith '11-'13 , Richardson '11-'13 , Simeon Rice '90-'91

LB's definitely Schumacher '97-'98, probly Nau '90 -really need to ponder on weak side

Problem is there are players that are my favorites but maybe statistically not the best. For example, I have Lynch '06-'08 at QB and Jimmy Smith'97-'98 in backfield.

Last edited:
my first MC game was '88 @ Marist but really can only break down last 25 seasons ('90-'14)

I will start with my D line in my 3-3-5

Enoch Smith '11-'13 , Richardson '11-'13 , Simeon Rice '90-'91

LB's definitely Schumacher '97-'98, probly Nau '90 -really need to ponder on weak side

Problem is there are players that are my favorites but maybe statistically not the best. For example, I have Lynch '06-'08 at QB and Jimmy Smith'97-'98 in backfield.
I didn't go by stats... It would be odd to not have McNeezy, but if he didn't do what Lynch did then so be it. I didn't put Williams @ QB and he was POY.

LT Arthur Ray '05-'06, LG Bo O'Rourke '91-'92, C either Husar '07-'09 or Smith '99-'01 tough 1, RG Krutilla '01-'02,, RT Steve Edwards '95-96 TE Cushing '90-'92. Backfield 3 headed monster J Smith '97-'98, Owens '00-'02 and Domer '11-13, receivers Darell Hill '95-'96, Octavius Bond '98. secondary will have Veronisi '90-'91 FS, Mazurkiewicz '90-'91 SS. need to think about 3 other DBs

*This is all subject to change /tinker with over bottle of scotch. Gotta find a spot for Milton Greer and Mike Banks d*mn it

Last edited:
Searles '12-13 and I'm leaning going Draco Smith '10-12 as well at corner. Granted he played both ways. Also like Speller 12-13 alot and Kevin Zanin 90-91 and Heron O'Neal 91-92

He would be except that I wrote I was only going from 1990 and on he was early 80s of course. Ed Stewart 88-89 would also be on team. also, Calloway, Cornish, Antonietti, Kasper probly Bart Newman at center. Just going off last 25 years where I can say I was at the games etc

Last edited:
Ironically I believe Bart Newman was snapping it to Tony's younger brother John ??

LOL @ having to sort through over a hundred years of players. Should have started in the 70's

For St. Rita, since 1985..........I need some help with this, especially with guys who played after 95

DL -- Brian Hamilton, Darius Flemming, Matt Konrath, Bruce Gaston
LB -- Foley, Angsten,
DB -- Tracy Gordon

QB -- Peter Balsam, MIke Kafka
OL -- Jason Cegielski, Joe Allen, Todd Kuska,
WR -- Tony Simmons, Ahmad Merritt, Jeff Sadowski
RB -- Wade Weyer, Paul Gordon, Shawn Sierra,
TE -- Jim Kordas
K -- Ryan Donahue

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT