ADVERTISEMENT

York 23 HC 27 F

Turnovers or just Uncle Mo on the Red Devil’s side? Big win for Central.

Only had 1 turnover. HC defense stepped up big in the 4th Qtr. HC offense went into overdrive with 6 minutes to go, and we’re able to score twice, aided by the big interception. The HC defense locked in the entire second half.

So a combination of big mo and a big Interception returned to the 4 yd line at a key moment.

Big win and a great game! Go Red Devils!

Was at the game sitting on the York side, and everyone was disgusted with the interception. They didn't like the call Fitzgerald made to throw

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Was at the game sitting on the York side, and everyone was disgusted with the interception. They didn't like the call Fitzgerald made to throw
That’s interesting. I felt HC defense had completely taken away the run in the second half, so at 3rd & 6, throwing was really the only option - especially when Fitz was trying to burn clock. If they run and don’t get it, HC takes a TO and forces York to punt. Now, HC would have had a much further distance to go, but would have had about 2:30 and 2 TOs in which to do so.

However, York’s strength is definitely their defense. So I can understand the frustration. HC had just drove the ball down the field for a TD in the previous series, so…. I guess I’d say Fitz felt throwing the ball was the best way to get the 1st down and essentially ice the game.

Reactions: Dual-triple_threat
York QB looked solid in this one before that interception. Kid can throw on the run, as well as scramble for a first down on his feet when needed. I would have liked to see Fitz set up more designed QB runs for the kid however. York also is really young and should be really good next year as well. They choked this one away but still have shot to tie the conference title with a HC loss in week 9. I also was real impressed watching a game at York. Fans were into game all night and Dukes have a beautiful stadium. Definitely jumping on bandwagon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT