ADVERTISEMENT

Will 2022 Texas QB skip his senior season, enroll early and cash in on his NIL?

I really hate this but it’s now the rules we have in front of us. As a parent, can you take the money out of the decision?

Let the kid play his senior year. The money will come. Take an insurance policy out.

You can’t expect the kid to show up aug 3 for OSU camp and win the spot for a top 3 program in the country. Will he even have a scholarship if he shows up a year early?

Why would any blue chip player ever play their senior year ever again w that much money on the line? It’s the world we are heading into.

Reactions: Gene K.
I really hate this but it’s now the rules we have in front of us. As a parent, can you take the money out of the decision?

Let the kid play his senior year. The money will come. Take an insurance policy out.

You can’t expect the kid to show up aug 3 for OSU camp and win the spot for a top 3 program in the country. Will he even have a scholarship if he shows up a year early?

Why would any blue chip player ever play their senior year ever again w that much money on the line? It’s the world we are heading into.

We will have to wait and see how this turns out for this kid. Missing a year of football development might be harmful. We will see how it plays out over the years.

I will also add there wont be a ton of opportunity for kids to complete High School in three years. It is news but I can't see it becoming the norm.

Reactions: Gene K.
We will have to wait and see how this turns out for this kid. Missing a year of football development might be harmful. We will see how it plays out over the years.

I will also add there wont be a ton of opportunity for kids to complete High School in three years. It is news but I can't see it becoming the norm.
I certainly think it will be the norm. It's becoming the norm for college players to sit out bowl games...think this is barking up the same tree.

Kids won't miss a year of development - they will just graduate early and then go off to college immediately.

If X company is going to give you 1m to rep their company (NIL) as a 17yr old...kids will be taking it.

Reactions: stl705
I certainly think it will be the norm. It's becoming the norm for college players to sit out bowl games...think this is barking up the same tree.

Kids won't miss a year of development - they will just graduate early and then go off to college immediately.

If X company is going to give you 1m to rep their company (NIL) as a 17yr old...kids will be taking it.

Not too many college players are currently getting that kind of money. Again, the biggest issue is graduating High School in 3 years. I don't know of too many kids that can accomplish this and be a 5 star recruit. It's less than 20 5 stars in the country

Not too many college players are currently getting that kind of money. Again, the biggest issue is graduating High School in 3 years. I don't know of too many kids that can accomplish this and be a 5 star recruit. It's less than 20 5 stars in the country
My high school only had 3 years. 9th grade was still Jr. High. Just saying.

• Haha
Reactions: PowerI66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT