ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is the Greatest Athlete

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
Who is the greatest athlete in IL HS Football since year 2000?

Who is the greatest pro athlete in Chicago today?

Who is the greatest athlete in IL HS Football since year 2000?

Who is the greatest pro athlete in Chicago today?
Quinn Urweiler/Batavia - pound for pound 2 way player, long snapper and extra point blocker is the best high school player I've seen.. Whether he had the ball or was on D he loved making your acquaintance..

Not sure there are any great pro athletes in Chicago at the moment..

Quinn Urweiler/Batavia - pound for pound 2 way player, long snapper and extra point blocker is the best high school player I've seen.. Whether he had the ball or was on D he loved making your acquaintance..

Not sure there are any great pro athletes in Chicago at the moment..
Luis Robert looks the part.

Marcellus Moore broke the state’s 100 meter record as a sophomore. Being the GOAT sprinter in state history has to rank pretty high on the athletic scale

Casey Crosby- Kaneland

1st team all state football where he dominated on both sides of the ball and drafted in the 5th round of the 2007 draft out of high school by the Tigers.

Reactions: colin2229
High School John Dergo

HIGH SCHOOL: Claimed back-to-back state titles (2005-2006) ... Won his last 86 consecutive matches ... Placed third at the state meet as a sophomore ... Was named both the Chicago Sun Times and Chicago Tribune Football Player of the Year ... Sun Times and Tribune/WGN Prep Athlete of the Year ... Played on the 2005 State Championship football team ... Rushed for 3,010 yards and had 52 touchdowns as a running back during the 2005 season ... Won four letters each in wrestling, football and track and field.

High School John Dergo

HIGH SCHOOL: Claimed back-to-back state titles (2005-2006) ... Won his last 86 consecutive matches ... Placed third at the state meet as a sophomore ... Was named both the Chicago Sun Times and Chicago Tribune Football Player of the Year ... Sun Times and Tribune/WGN Prep Athlete of the Year ... Played on the 2005 State Championship football team ... Rushed for 3,010 yards and had 52 touchdowns as a running back during the 2005 season ... Won four letters each in wrestling, football and track and field.

You don't have to persuade me for the Dergo vote. Played LB too right?

Reactions: Gene K.
Greatest I saw in person was SHG and future Denver TE Albert Okweugbunam. In high school, he was about 6’5” and 225 and usually the fastest guy on the field. Took a short sideline pass against Rochester for 80 yards by destroying the first tackler then running away from everyone else.

Greatest I saw tv only was Montini WR Jordan Westerkamp, who had 9 td’s in 3 state title victories, 5 in the shootout with Joliet Catholic in 2011. Made one big play after another.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT