ADVERTISEMENT

What if the DVC and Southwest Suburban Conference merged?

MunyonMustGo

Mar 30, 2009
Would it make sense. Division split it up based on enrollment or location? Would it make scheduling easier?

Looked like the only hope. Now I don't know what the DVC does as no other schools close by are nearly as big. I guess they could talk to Stevie, Warren and them. I wouldn't mind playing the Naperville and Auroras.

Looked like the only hope. Now I don't know what the DVC does as no other schools close by are nearly as big. I guess they could talk to Stevie, Warren and them. I wouldn't mind playing the Naperville and Auroras.
The Brook would be able to compete in football and dominate basketball. Lockport seems as if it won't be able to compete in anything and Lincoln Way doesn't seem at all interested. SPC schools seem set at 12 adding Aurora West and Yorkville. Both these conferences need fixing.

I would have liked to see SWSC and DVC combine. Not sure why the talks fell apart. I could make a guess - but I don’t want your thread to get flushed.

Since that not happening.

Districts.

Or bring on DeKalb to the DVC! Make it a conference of 6 teams. Need 4 non con games. Metea’s dance card will be full. The rest of the teams can maybe work something out with some of the teams from the new CCL super conference and also down south with Bellville West/ESL/Eville. Love going down there for games!

I would have liked to see SWSC and DVC combine. Not sure why the talks fell apart. I could make a guess - but I don’t want your thread to get flushed.

Since that not happening.

Districts.

Or bring on DeKalb to the DVC! Make it a conference of 6 teams. Need 4 non con games. Metea’s dance card will be full. The rest of the teams can maybe work something out with some of the teams from the new CCL super conference and also down south with Bellville West/ESL/Eville. Love going down there for games!

I've always been against districts for Illinois. I have ties to Texas and it works there a lot of that has to do with history and the size of the state and population distribution makes it make sense. For Illinois I'm starting to think the way schools are positioning themselves for football only it may make sense.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I'm going to take a crack at SWSC/DVC Divisions. I did it based on location.
RED - Naperville North, Naperville Central, Neuqua Valley, Waubonsie Valley, Metea Valley, Bolingbrook
WHITE - Lincoln-Way East, Lincoln-Way Central, Lincoln-Way West, Lockport, Sandburg, Andrew
BLUE - Homewood-Flossmoor, Thornton, Thornwood, Thornridge, Stagg, Bradley-Bourbonnais

My proposal would be 5 division games weeks 5-9. 2 non division games weeks 3 and 4. Complete non conference games weeks 1 and 2.

I'm going to take a crack at SWSC/DVC Divisions. I did it based on location.
RED - Naperville North, Naperville Central, Neuqua Valley, Waubonsie Valley, Metea Valley, Bolingbrook
WHITE - Lincoln-Way East, Lincoln-Way Central, Lincoln-Way West, Lockport, Sandburg, Andrew
BLUE - Homewood-Flossmoor, Thornton, Thornwood, Thornridge, Stagg, Bradley-Bourbonnais

My proposal would be 5 division games weeks 5-9. 2 non division games weeks 3 and 4. Complete non conference games weeks 1 and 2.

It would be awesome!

We'd need one more school to join and we can have two divisions of 8. I don't see where that final school is though. Maybe Benet would join. Or Providence since they appear to be apprehensive about going to the city.

We'd need one more school to join and we can have two divisions of 8. I don't see where that final school is though. Maybe Benet would join. Or Providence since they appear to be apprehensive about going to the city.
Did DeKalb get approved for the Upstate Eight yet? Change Westmont boundaries and have all the kids that live in Westmont go to Westmont. Would be huge blow to HC, HS and DGN though. R-B? Or three 5 team divisions. Someone would be playing a true non con late in the year. Mega conference in basketball 15 team 14 game conference schedule.

The Brook would be able to compete in football and dominate basketball. Lockport seems as if it won't be able to compete in anything and Lincoln Way doesn't seem at all interested. SPC schools seem set at 12 adding Aurora West and Yorkville. Both these conferences need fixing.
Lockport would certainly compete very very well in baseball.

Did DeKalb get approved for the Upstate Eight yet? Change Westmont boundaries and have all the kids that live in Westmont go to Westmont. Would be huge blow to HC, HS and DGN though. R-B? Or three 5 team divisions. Someone would be playing a true non con late in the year. Mega conference in basketball 15 team 14 game conference schedule.

Upstate took Fenton and closed the conference again. Dekalb on the sidelines. Dekalb too tough for that conference unless they added 3 teams and not just 1 and broke into two divisions. Upstate may still do this (go to 12) next year for 2020 but if I were Dekalb I wouldn’t wait around to see if the phone rings. There was one other team in the mix that applied in addition to Dekalb and Fenton but can’t remember the name of the school. Can’t beleive Upstate didn’t take all 3 and go to twelve teams and still keep it closed with only crossover games allowed.

They tried the West Suburban super conference in the 90’s and it got very close to happening but the DVC and Upstate 8 both backed out at the end and you got the Suburban Praire.

If it were around today that conference would consist of mainly the DVC, DuKane, Upstate 8, Southwest Praire, Metro Sububan Publics and North IL Big 12 East. It was to rotate every 2 or 4 years based purely on enrollment.

I know DeKalb has applied to the DVC. DVC likely will approve the move. Bringing DVC to 6. SWSC with Thorns leaving 10 works for football sort of. Not really for any other sports, just ask SPC. Westmont likely joining Metro Suburban. Kaneland only one I know of still searching without a permanent home. One year in I-8

Dekalb is too little and too far away.

No way! It is a 40 minute drive. It’s much further time wise to Glenbard North, Lake Park etc etc than it is to Dekalb. It’s a damn easy drive and when the road construction is done,... yeah baby! As for being to small - yes they would be the smallest - but only about 700 kids difference between WV and Dekalb. Now when you stack them up against Neuqua - it’s like 1800 kids difference so yes a big delta. Depends on what your measuring stick is. Currently WV the smallest of the DVC schools and they seem to be doing ok and competing just fine! I would think Dekalb would as well (plus they all have Metea, but Metea is playing much better, beat Bradley Burbon and played NN tough. I think they could get one more win if Neuqua and WV not careful! They always play the rivalry games tough!!).

Maybe Dukane should trade Lake Park 3500ish kids for Dekalb and LP in the DVC and Dekalb in the Dukane ;)

Voodoo - You are about 1000 kids too high in your estimate for Lake Park enrollment. They are the largest school in the DuKane Conference, but their classification enrollment per the IHSA is 2586.

Voodoo - You are about 1000 kids too high in your estimate for Lake Park enrollment. They are the largest school in the DuKane Conference, but their classification enrollment per the IHSA is 2586.

Oops sorry! I knew it was 500 just couldn’t remember if 2500 or 3500.

Ok trade a 2600 enrollment school for an 1850 student school! The 2600 fits in the DVC much better size wise and 1850 fits in the Dukane much better size wise.

Oops sorry! I knew it was 500 just couldn’t remember if 2500 or 3500.

Ok trade a 2600 enrollment school for an 1850 student school! The 2600 fits in the DVC much better size wise and 1850 fits in the Dukane much better size wise.

Can't argue that. At 1850, Dekalb would be the smallest school in the DuKane, but only slightly smaller than Batavia, the current smallest school at 1899. Lake Park and St. Charles East are the largest by far at 2586 and 2512, then you have GBN at 2203, Wheaton North at 2096, St Charles North at 2022, WWS at 1982 and Geneva at 1921.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT