ADVERTISEMENT

What’s up with Bolingbrook?

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
They got smashed 56-6 by HF, how can they be that bad. HF was 5-5 last year so it’s not like they were some super elite team.

Interesting. Are they going the way of Thornton? Long time coach with years of success and now this?

Administration thought they had a better answer and dumped a program to rebuild it back better. Yep.
Wasn't all about wins and losses. Always have to remember that when it comes to public teams

Reactions: WIU78
It's over over. Not sure it's Thornton bad though. Like I said in the season expectations thread, 3 & 6 would be a successful season.

Reactions: RednBlack and USD24
It's over over. Not sure it's Thornton bad though. Like I said in the season expectations thread, 3 & 6 would be a successful season.
Same for Neuqua. Won’t ever be good again, IMO. The demographics have changed and kids who love the game go to St Francis, Naz, JCA, etc. Having an indifferent school admin doesn’t help.

Reactions: Gene K.
Transfer portal which was initiated by administrative decisions for change. As stated before W/L was not a consideration but for talented athletes to be penalized or hindered in that decision forces parents hands to change? Akin to travel teams in other sports?

Reactions: Panthers1211
Transfer portal which was initiated by administrative decisions for change. As stated before W/L was not a consideration but for talented athletes to be penalized or hindered in that decision forces parents hands to change? Akin to travel teams in other sports?
No it doesn’t kids with talent can be successful at any school, transferring is more about ego. Listen to Edgy talk about Jeff Allen on the Barstool podcast as an example.

Reactions: Bwm57
Honestly not sure if it's on that decision. They completely collapsed in '22. I think if the defense was even slightly below average the past two years we're probably okay today. But once QB1 left (why stay?) why would WR1 stay with that uncertainty? Not sure why DB1 left, but at that point it's a trend.

To be fair they actually did compete last night. Got stuffed at the goalline at the half could've made it 27-13 (or 12 if the PAT got blocked again). The D actually made stops. I left early in the 2nd half when QB2 fumbled the first play on a hand off and it was returned for 6 so not sure where the other HF points came.

HF will be a good team. They have some size to them and some speed. I don't want it to be lost in the discussion. This is a top 25 team in the state and Chicagoland certainly.

Same for Neuqua. Won’t ever be good again, IMO. The demographics have changed and kids who love the game go to St Francis, Naz, JCA, etc. Having an indifferent school admin doesn’t help.
How are neuqua demographics changing? Every school is seeing that but in different ways. Some more city move ins while others have a large Asian population growing in their schools.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
How are neuqua demographics changing? Every school is seeing that but in different ways. Some more city move ins while others have a large Asian population growing in their schools.
Indian population has taken over S Nape. Caucasian kids are now the minority at NV.

On a positive note......NV will be state cricket champs soon enough.

No it doesn’t kids with talent can be successful at any school, transferring is more about ego. Listen to Edgy talk about Jeff Allen on the Barstool podcast as an example.
Disagree.

Sure you can be personally successful but if the culture sucks and the program isn’t committed to winning…you’ll never meet your full potential.

1000% Agree ☝️☝️☝️
Disagree.

Sure you can be personally successful but if the culture sucks and the program isn’t committed to winning…you’ll never meet your full potential.
Well now he has his opportunity to show case his potential because LWE culture is tops in Illinois and obviously the Griffins are committed to winning.

And a young man waiting in the wings moves to a private for his last season of HS football…it sucks for all involved but families do what is best for the situation they face. I don’t blame anyone without knowing details. Doesn’t mean one likes it but you only get 4 years of HS. Good luck to all players who make this a great sport.

And a young man waiting in the wings moves to a private for his last season of HS football…it sucks for all involved but families do what is best for the situation they face. I don’t blame anyone without knowing details. Doesn’t mean one likes it but you only get 4 years of HS. Good luck to all players who make this a great sport.
Actually does it suck. Both kids are starting on there respective teams. If one of them was not well that would sting. In the end it makes them both grow/mature and get better at life and the game. IMO

Actually does it suck. Both kids are starting on there respective teams. If one of them was not well that would sting. In the end it makes them both grow/mature and get better at life and the game. IMO
Gee! a Public school recruiting another public school's star player. Who would have thought that would happen? A 4 or 5 star QB no less! My, My My! How tunes now change!

Gee! a Public school recruiting another public school's star player. Who would have thought that would happen? A 4 or 5 star QB no less! My, My My! How tunes now change!
That’s a joke. Can’t believe you believe that coach Z would need to put his career on the line for 1 kid. Really funny, but keep making up stories.

• Haha
Reactions: MMA_Det and UAGoofy
Gene your better than this. Making up stories. You think coach Z would risk this for 1 kid. You have no idea how LWE rolls. I think you believe because that’s how privates roll when it comes to recruiting.

Gene your better than this. Making up stories. You think coach Z would risk this for 1 kid. You have no idea how LWE rolls. I think you believe because that’s how privates roll when it comes to recruiting.
I was busting your chops because you often talk about private school's recruiting. Seems like a long distance from the Bolingbrook area to LWE, with a lot of high schools in between just saying. LOL

There there

Reactions: k1867
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT