ADVERTISEMENT

WB6 Week 7 preview

Swansa01

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2017
Sterling (4-2) @ Quincy (6-0): Last year Quincy won 35-33. The two teams still undefeated in conference play will sort that out this Friday. Quincy has been on a tear this season, putting up points in bunches and has yet to truly be challenged. QB Braydn Little has been stellar as he seeks to move up the IHSA record boards, but has been prone to turn the ball over when pressured. Sterling has won 4 straight with tough defense and getting just enough out of the offense. If Sterling wants a chance in this one, the offense has to figure out how to stay on the field and get the ball into the endzone. Sterling has never lost in Quincy, but that might be about to change.

Prediction: Quincy by 2 touchdowns.

United Township (3-3) @ Moline (4-2): Last year United Township won 42-28. Two teams that are still in the hunt for post season bids. Moline has looked balanced and tough in it’s four wins combining good defense with a hard running game. UT has lost two heart breaker close games and has looked good on defense, but the offense has only gone as far as the running game has taken it. If UT can find a way to break some big plays early, they stand a good chance at controlling the game. If one should be a good one as both teams need this win.

Prediction: Moline by a touchdown.

Thornridge (2-4) @ Geneseo (3-3): This is a “get it right” game for the Leafs who have been 1-3 in their past 4 games. The defense has played well, but their veer option offense has been held in check. This game will be a chance for Geneseo to get a much needed win against a struggling Thornridge team who is coming off a 67-0 beat down by Crete-Monee. Look for Geneseo to grind down the visiting Falcons and pull away after the half.

Prediction: Geneseo by 3 touchdowns.

Galesburg (1-5) @ Rock Island (0-6): Last year Galesburg won 24-7. Two teams who’s season has not gone the way either of them wanted. Rock Island hasn’t looked truly competitive since it’s week 2 loss to Dunlap. Galesburg has shown flashes at times of having a competitive football team, specially with Jamar Range at running back. I think Galesburg has the edge here, but if Rocky can put a full game together, they can get their first win of the year.

Prediction: Galesburg by 2 touchdowns.

Early on, I was thinking what a gauntlet the final 3 weeks were for Quincy...

Sterling
@ Geneseo
@ Cap City (MO)

Seems likely this will be the final real test for Quincy as they cruise into... 6A? Still a bit unknown for week 9 but it's likely Quincy steam rolls the Cap City Cavaliers like they have most everyone. Cap City's only legit win was over 4-2 Carl Junction. Anyone worth a hoot (Helias, Columbia Rock Bridge) beat them.

Sterling will probably be the best defense Quincy has seen this year but even so I expect them to put up at least 30 points, very unlikely Sterling will match that unless it all clicks for once. Quincy is ranked #2 in 7A btw

Sterling will probably be the best defense Quincy has seen this year but even so I expect them to put up at least 30 points, very unlikely Sterling will match that unless it all clicks for once. Quincy is ranked #2 in 7A btw
QHS is averaging 44.5 ppg. And I'd put money on Rick Little not having tapped very deep into his playbook yet to get that. Quincy has just a plethora of weapons at Bradyn Little's disposal... I'd say it's more likely Sterling will be praying to keep QHS under 45. I'll admit my skepticism of Sterling this season comes from the East Moline game. Quincy is going to RC Sterling at half if they play like they did against E. Moline. A team QHS has already beaten 49-7, a game that could have easily been 80-7 if Little hadn't put in the underclassman.

QHS is averaging 44.5 ppg. And I'd put money on Rick Little not having tapped very deep into his playbook yet to get that. Quincy has just a plethora of weapons at Bradyn Little's disposal... I'd say it's more likely Sterling will be praying to keep QHS under 45. I'll admit my skepticism of Sterling this season comes from the East Moline game. Quincy is going to RC Sterling at half if they play like they did against E. Moline. A team QHS has already beaten 49-7, a game that could have easily been 80-7 if Little hadn't put in the underclassman.
Yep, very well could be. Especially seeing it’s in Quincy. Funny thing is I thought the East Moline game was one of Sterlings better games this year, at least offensively. The Geneseo game was not encouraging at all at least on the offensive side of the ball. Building year for Sterling, lots of younger players.

Reactions: RoaminCatholic
Quincy is the real deal, as I watched I thought, this looks like varsity playing fresh soph then I realized, that’s pretty much what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT