ADVERTISEMENT

Upstate 8 talk

stl705

May 9, 2006
South Elgin won a nailbiter at the end of the game against Glenbard East. Obviously SE was playing with a ton of emotion from the disaster earlier in the week, but I’m curious from the SE posters how this SE team compares to prior years.

GBE hung in and nearly took the win. I’m guessing the SE-GBS game will also be competitive. Is this a down year for SE or has GBE and likely GBS closed the gap to SE’s U8 dominance?

Had a feeling this summer than GBE had a solid group back......SE lost it's starting QB and a good one to transfer and I'm very interested to see is GBSn can get past SE finally and could GBE be spoiler

As the storm blows onnnnn out of control deep in your hearts the thunder rolls!!! #RollStorm
twister-tornado.gif

Reactions: MIKEFTB
I know this thread is older but I'm curious as to what the set up will be in the U8 next season with the addition if West Aurora, Riverside-Brookfield, Ridgewood and Elmwood Park.

I would assume because there will be 14 teams they will divide into two divisions. If you go by enrollments I would envision something like this .

Larger schools
East Aurora
West Aurora
Bartlett
Elgin
Larkin
South Elgin
Glenbard East

Smaller schools
Glenbard South
West Çhicago
Streamwood
Fenton
Riverside-Brookfield
Ridgewood
Elmwood Park

If they want to keep the Glenbard schools together then I guess you could have Bartlett in the smaller group. Streamwood and West Çhicago are simewhat close to Bartlett , but Elnwood Park and Ridgewood are not. They're both about 25 miles from Bartlett.

Thoughts anyone?

I know this thread is older but I'm curious as to what the set up will be in the U8 next season with the addition if West Aurora, Riverside-Brookfield, Ridgewood and Elmwood Park.

I would assume because there will be 14 teams they will divide into two divisions. If you go by enrollments I would envision something like this .

Larger schools
East Aurora
West Aurora
Bartlett
Elgin
Larkin
South Elgin
Glenbard East

Smaller schools
Glenbard South
West Çhicago
Streamwood
Fenton
Riverside-Brookfield
Ridgewood
Elmwood Park

If they want to keep the Glenbard schools together then I guess you could have Bartlett in the smaller group. Streamwood and West Çhicago are simewhat close to Bartlett , but Elnwood Park and Ridgewood are not. They're both about 25 miles from Bartlett.

Thoughts anyone?
I believe it’s a geographical divide but not positive. From what I’ve read from other posters, GBE/GBS and South Elgin would be split.

Larger schools
East Aurora
West Aurora
Bartlett
Elgin
Larkin
South Elgin
Glenbard East

Smaller schools
Glenbard South
West Çhicago
Streamwood
Fenton
Riverside-Brookfield
Ridgewood
Elmwood Park

Thoughts anyone?
They want to keep the U-46 schools together which makes no sense at all. Streamwood has numbers problems and belongs on the other side. Flop Streamwood and Glenbard East . This wont last very long if they keep this way.

South Elgin won a nailbiter at the end of the game against Glenbard East. Obviously SE was playing with a ton of emotion from the disaster earlier in the week, but I’m curious from the SE posters how this SE team compares to prior years.

GBE hung in and nearly took the win. I’m guessing the SE-GBS game will also be competitive. Is this a down year for SE or has GBE and likely GBS closed the gap to SE’s U8 dominance?
Sout Elgin is on there 4 string QB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT