ADVERTISEMENT

Update: Mundelein 2024 OT Brandon Hansen returned to Iowa

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Mundelein sophomore offensive tackle recruit Brandon Hansen (6-foot-6, 290 pounds) was able to make a return visit to the University of Iowa for a recent spring scrimmage. Hansen recaps his return trip to Iowa along with his upcoming summer plans in this latest recruiting update.

"I went back to Iowa for another visit, this time for a spring scrimmage game" Hansen said. "I went to Iowa back in the winter for a junior day and this time I wanted to go see the scrimmage game."

Hansen filled us in on his latest impressions from Iowa.

"I had a really good visit to Iowa. I was able to watch the spring scrimmage game. We had a chance to walk thru the tunnel at Iowa along with getting to go on the field for warmups. We sat in our seats right above the tunnel and they also had a barbeque after the spring scrimmage game. I was able to talk with the Iowa recruiting coaches and Iowa really wants me to come back this summer for a camp. I'm all set to camp at Iowa in mid June."

Hansen has also started to draw more college coaches into school so far this spring.

"So far the coaches from Iowa State have been in school along with the coaches from Northwestern, Illinois and some others. Coach (Kurt) Anderson was in from Northwestern and Coach (Bart) Miller was also here from Illinois. They both seem really interested in me and they want to see me this summer in a camp as well."

Does Hansen have any college camp plans set?

"I'm camping for sure at Iowa, Northwestern and the EFT The Stage Camp this spring. I'm only planning to do a few different college camps because I want most of my focus this summer on my team and getting ready for the season."

So how will the Mundelein Mustangs shape up for the fall season?

"We had a pretty senior heavy team last year, but we also bring back 8 starters who were sophomores last season including myself. We have a really good group of underclassmen and we should be strong this coming season."

Brandon Hansen has a scholarship offer from Central Michigan.

My Take on Brandon Hansen Recruiting: Hansen I believe will end up being one of the most sought after names in the State of Illinois in the Class of 2024. Hansen already has college ready size and frame, and his game continues to develop and impress me every time I've seen him live. I can see Hansen load up on more offers this spring and will be a Power 5 level recruit.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News