ADVERTISEMENT

Update: 2024 Willowbrook QB AJ Palicki checks in

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Villa Park (Ill.) Willowbrook sophomore quarterback prospect AJ Palicki (6-foot-3, 205 pounds) is back in school and is gearing up for a busy spring. Palicki also checks in and recaps his latest recruiting news and more in this latest recruiting update.

"I had a really good holiday," Palicki said. "I was able to spend time with my family and we also went up to Wisconsin to visit my grandma. We started back to school last Monday. "

Palicki, who threw for 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2021 filled us in on his latest recruiting news.

"I know that we had some college coaches in our school back in December. I didn't talk with any of those coaches but my coaches at school said some various college coaches reached out to them about me in December. I've been sending out my season highlight video to several different colleges this winter. Kansas State has started to follow me on Twitter lately."

Palicki also filled us in on his winter and spring plans.

"I'm just back working with Throw It Deep and I'm also in the weight room lifting with the team. We are getting a really good turnout in the weight room so far and it's great to see. I'm also going to run track and our first meet is set for January 31st."

Palicki is also focused on being a more vocal leader for his team this off-season.

"It's been a big focus for me (leadership) and I'm trying to just hep more younger kids as much as I can. I just feel I'm a better leader this winter and I'm just more comfortable taking on that role. I'm happy to take on that responsibility for my team."

So what lessons was Palicki and his teammates able to carry over into preparing for next season?

"We need to push ourselves harder especially early in the season. We got off to a slow start last season and we started to figure things out around Week 4. We have a common goal to be more prepared and work harder so we will be ready to go in Week 1 next season."

My Take on AJ Palicki Recruiting: Palicki is a big and physically advanced kid who no question has quite a bit of upside in my opinion. Palicki still has things to work and improve on including just becoming more comfortable inside the pocket along with getting a bit more faster and stronger. It's still a bit early on a projection here and Palicki I believe will have quite a bit of spring in school visitors who will want to see him throw live in person along with the college camp circuit this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.