ADVERTISEMENT

Trubisky to start in Week 5

If he doesn't do as well as Watson the Bears should clean house. Not that I watched it, but I did look at the box score.

If he doesn't do as well as Watson the Bears should clean house. Not that I watched it, but I did look at the box score.

While I agree that the Bears need to clean house (At least whoever made the decision to pay $ 15,000,000.00 to a backup QB from Tampa), here is the problem with that statement:

The Bears do not have a receiver anywhere close to DeAndre Hopkins
The Bears do not even have a receiver as good as Will Fuller

They have a receiving corps full of short WR 3
- Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton and Josh Bellamy just don't cut it

Not fair to compare him to Watson at this point. All you can hope for is an improvement at the QB position and an overall improvement in team play. If that happens, load up on WR in the offseason through the draft and free agency and then see what happens.

For now, hope for no more injuries to a depleted receiving core. They are already one of the worst in the league and give Trubisky nothing to work with.

While I agree that the Bears need to clean house (At least whoever made the decision to pay $ 15,000,000.00 to a backup QB from Tampa), here is the problem with that statement:

The Bears do not have a receiver anywhere close to DeAndre Hopkins
The Bears do not even have a receiver as good as Will Fuller

They have a receiving corps full of short WR 3
- Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton and Josh Bellamy just don't cut it

Not fair to compare him to Watson at this point. All you can hope for is an improvement at the QB position and an overall improvement in team play. If that happens, load up on WR in the offseason through the draft and free agency and then see what happens.

For now, hope for no more injuries to a depleted receiving core. They are already one of the worst in the league and give Trubisky nothing to work with.
Even more reason to clean house if he doesn't perform like Watson. Those trades we're just awful knowing we would need WR help (and elsewhere). The clowns sold the car for gas money.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Is it my hope that fans and the media don't judge Trubisky too quickly one way or the other. Before the Steelers came to town both Chicago papers had good articles about Roethlisberger and his opinion of Trubisky. I copied and pasted some of the article here.

“When a defense sees a young guy that hasn’t played the game, they like to throw different looks at him,” Roethlisberger said. ‘‘They’re not going to line up in a 4-3 or a 3-4 base defense; they’re going to throw different looks at you, different blitzes to try to confuse you. The confusion between the ears part is really one of the biggest keys to it.”

The only way to figure it out, he said, is through experience. That doesn’t end when Year 2 begins — an important lesson for Bears fans to remember long after Trubisky makes his first career start.

“That’s why I’m always slow to send too much praise or anoint the next great quarterback after Year 1,” Roethlisberger said. “I think people in the media and the ‘professionals’ in some of these big sports networks are so quick to anoint the next great one or say that they’re going to be great.

“Let’s wait and see what happens after two to three years. After defenses understand what you’re bringing, you’re not a surprise anymore. It takes a few years until you can really get that title of being great or even good because you see so many looks. In Year 2 and 3, you’re still seeing looks and can act like a rookie.”

I hope Chicago fans understand what Roethlisberger is saying and keep it in mind.

Lets see him play, understand what he's playing with, not compare him to other rookie QBs and let this play out without jumping to conclusions or making claims he needs to be as good as player"X" etc.....

Last edited:
Let's see him play, understand what he's playing with, not compare him to other rookie QBs and let this play out without jumping to conclusions or making claims he needs to be as good as player"X" etc.....
I disagree. Think the Trailblazers compared Sam Bowie to MJ? Or even the Rockets compared Hakeem to MJ?

Now, in this case I just mean to judge the front office. If Mitchell turns out better than Watson then at least the decisions can be justified.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT