ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday night football

godfthr53

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2008
Naz vs DLS is being played Thursday night due to Giod Friday. What other games are Thursday?

Naz vs DLS is being played Thursday night due to Giod Friday. What other games are Thursday?
Laurence v Benet. But I see Benet was postponed this past weekend so game appears doubtful but no announcement yet.

I believe BR and Loyola is Thursday. MC/Marist is Saturday due to Good Friday. I would think Public School Sinners (J/K) could play on Friday

Reactions: Blue Ruin
Nice much more than I thought. I was thinking most would move to Saturday

WWS and Wheaton North was moved to Saturday due to Good Friday.

Willowbrook v. Hinsdale South is Thursday at 6. With HS beating DGS this past week this looks to be the WSC Gold Champ Game. HS has looked fast and tough, as they usually are. WB is playing the hard hitting game that has been bred by Coach Hildreth into the program. District 88 has been providing great, free, video feeds for the games so tune in some great football in Villa Park! Some local establishments have also been putting the stream up for those not on the pass list, let’s go!

Reactions: Grepos and SMC34
Did someone say Thursday football? There are CPL games this Thursday Kicking off at noon!!!! Keep in mind you don't really get a great Thursday experience unless the game kicks off well before dark.

Laurence v Benet. But I see Benet was postponed this past weekend so game appears doubtful but no announcement yet.
Benet was good to go this week and Laurence said they are not able to play on Thursday earlier today.

and they are willing to travel.......(even with the price of gas these days)
Thats why I threw what I was hearing out there, so to get some confirmation. All I know was they were told to be ready for full pads at practice this afternoon then 2 hours later that the game was cancelled but I didn't hear anything about any new positive cases at all actually anything that was followed up from the last week have been negative so far.

FYI, the NFL edition of Thursday Night Football starting in 2023 will only be broadcast on the Amazon Prime Video platform. However, the viewing areas for the 2 competing teams in the game will have "normal" access.

• Haha
Reactions: epicbret
Benet trying to find a game this week as well right now since Laurence refused to play because they took last week off. Glad Naperville Central didn't have the same attitude with Marmion as the NC/Marmion game seemed pretty competitive. Same with JCA this week willing to play St. Ignatius after pausing last week as well.

Benet trying to find a game this week as well right now since Laurence refused to play because they took last week off. Glad Naperville Central didn't have the same attitude with Marmion as the NC/Marmion game seemed pretty competitive. Same with JCA this week willing to play St. Ignatius after pausing last week as well.
That doesn’t sound right or in Laurences nature. If true shame on them, you got a scheduled game play it. If I was Benet I’d mark it a forfeit W if they can’t find another game.

I don't know what is true or not anymore but the boys asked if they could find another game and they were told that Benet was working on it this afternoon

I don't know what is true or not anymore but the boys asked if they could find another game and they were told that Benet was working on it this afternoon
How could they get a cancellation Friday hours before the game and expect to play this week? What happened to the 10 or 14 day stop.

How could they get a cancellation Friday hours before the game and expect to play this week? What happened to the 10 or 14 day stop.
yes that's right lets punish all they boys for nothing that they did, don't they all deserve to play as much of a season as possible just like anyone else. If SL dropped out why do they get to reschedule something when they cancelled the game. CCL/ESCC Orange division game too

yes that's right lets punish all they boys for nothing that they did, don't they all deserve to play as much of a season as possible just like anyone else. If SL dropped out why do they get to reschedule something when they cancelled the game. CCL/ESCC Orange division game too
Do you have any idea what you're talking about. Sure doesn't sound like it.

Reactions: Bwm57
Do you have any idea what you're talking about. Sure doesn't sound like it.
I know what I have been told, if you have something solid regarding the situation please feel free to direct message me, because I want both schools to be playing and if either one is being dishonest with the players and parents it needs to be addressed. Just saying it was a divisional game and far as the Benet players were concerned from what I was told was that they were ready to play. Can't say that regarding the situation with the administration, if you have definitive information to contradict what we have been told please let us know

I know what I have been told, if you have something solid regarding the situation please feel free to direct message me, because I want both schools to be playing and if either one is being dishonest with the players and parents it needs to be addressed. Just saying it was a divisional game and far as the Benet players were concerned from what I was told was that they were ready to play. Can't say that regarding the situation with the administration, if you have definitive information to contradict what we have been told please let us know
Ask yourself why Benet didnt play last week. Then ask yourself how many days has it been. There's your answer.

Ask yourself why Benet didnt play last week. Then ask yourself how many days has it been. There's your answer.
If Benet is doing testing they are able to play on Saturday per CDC guidelines.

Well I do know why they didn't play last week and I know exactly how many days it has been. The clock does not start when a test is received. Know what testing was done prior to last week as well. I know that quarantine protocols were followed and BA was ready to play (at least as far as players were concerned). Was hoping to get an honest response from someone close to SLA because once again all I know is what I was told and that is only one side of the story. Because as it stands from what I hear is (unless someone is hiding something from the players) then SLA chose to not play a scheduled game.

As far as I know everyone that was identified as in close contact with the positive case has tested negative unless there was something new today and the quarantine period ended today. Benet has been very conservative with regards to this pandemic and think that it was a knee jerk reaction last Friday that ultimately was shown to be ultra conservative. I just find it odd that there is no issue about St. Ignatius playing JCA Thursday after Ignatius sat out last week as well. The 1-2 cases in each program were at the same time.

... or the difference between "your" and "you're."
tenor.gif

ICE schools are playing Thursday, as are most of the Kankakee area schools. Since most of them are on spring break, Thursday makes more sense than fighting the Easter weekend....most have longstanding unwritten rules that they would leave Wednesday night for CCD and other church events, and leave Good Friday alone...practice yes, games no.

Thought we had to follow IDPH. I think the CDC also said no need for masks while playing anymore and IHSA / IDPH won't adopt that.
Well I do know why they didn't play last week and I know exactly how many days it has been. The clock does not start when a test is received. Know what testing was done prior to last week as well. I know that quarantine protocols were followed and BA was ready to play (at least as far as players were concerned). Was hoping to get an honest response from someone close to SLA because once again all I know is what I was told and that is only one side of the story. Because as it stands from what I hear is (unless someone is hiding something from the players) then SLA chose to not play a scheduled game.
Why did they wait until Friday around 230 to cancel the game that was in a few hours. Friday was only 3 days ago.

I know Coach Nissen from when he was at MC, they wouldn't cancel this game because Benet had a week off. He's tweeting now desperately looking for a game, they wouldn't let a bird in the hand go.

Reactions: Bwm57 and OldSICA
Could you give us your perspective on last week's game. I know they got pushed around, but what did the film show? What did you son say? What will they do to salvage the season and what will they have next year?
It was what it was. We lost to Loyola....which many outlets had ranked #1 in the State....I saw them no lower then #3 anywhere. There is no shame or reason to panic for losing to a team like that. LA offensive line won the battle in the trenches against our defensive front. We have a Sophmore and 2 juniors on the DL earning their stripes. Last year we had the Lawless winner in Jalen Grant and an All Catholic League Senior in Mario Davis. DL was going to be a rebuild, these guys just need reps.

This senior class is playing without Ben Perry and Tommy Egan this Spring and those are two huge losses from their class defensively and their absence has shown the first two games. Offensively I think they are fine. Justin threw a very uncharacteristic pick 6 against LA but outside of that we moved the ball well. We just had to abandon the power run game with Odeluga when we fell behind by two scores. We got another tough match up with a top ten team in Marist....and we end with another top 10 team in BR...I still think we have a great shot to go 5-1.

Thought we had to follow IDPH. I think the CDC also said no need for masks while playing anymore and IHSA / IDPH won't adopt that.

Why did they wait until Friday around 230 to cancel the game that was in a few hours. Friday was only 3 days ago.
I was told that IDPH quarantine and CDC are the same. 10 day from the day of exposure to a positive case if you were within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes. It could be 7 days if you have a negative test 5 days after the contact. However I was told they are not allowing that for minors though. I agree with the masks it makes no sense to have a mask rule that no one recommends but attaching a mask to the facemask makes no sense to me either. From what I heard the bail out on Friday was out of an "abundance of caution" just like when BA cancelled my daughters graduation 1 hour before it was supposed to start while we were getting in the car to go. Even though we couldn't watch it live and they students were spaced out 6 feet apart on the football field. It was more than 50 people and the school panicked meanwhile three other schools in Dupage had successful graduations the same day.

FYI, the NFL edition of Thursday Night Football starting in 2023 will only be broadcast on the Amazon Prime Video platform. However, the viewing areas for the 2 competing teams in the game will have "normal" access.
Old news. LOL

I know Coach Nissen from when he was at MC, they wouldn't cancel this game because Benet had a week off. He's tweeting now desperately looking for a game, they wouldn't let a bird in the hand go.
I think that is what I am trying to figure out. The only ones suffering is the players. I pretty sure both SLA and BA players were ready to play and the decision was made by people other than the coaches and players and some definitive answers from someone in the know at SLA would be great as far as what they have been told. Really just need to know if our administration and staff are being honest with players, which I hope is not the case for either school

I think that is what I am trying to figure out. The only ones suffering is the players. I pretty sure both SLA and BA players were ready to play and the decision was made by people other than the coaches and players and some definitive answers from someone in the know at SLA would be great as far as what they have been told. Really just need to know if our administration and staff are being honest with players, which I hope is not the case for either school
Well hearing that they cancelled Graduation an hour before and a football game hours before out of caution. AND the fact that StL is on twitter looking for a game I think its coming from the BA side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT