ADVERTISEMENT

St Rita in trouble?

Sep 29, 2017
Rumor has it Rita's QB is out with an injury. Appears to be significant. If it is true, have to feel sorry for the senior QB...and Mustang's play-off run hopes. Hopefully minor injury and he is back in a week or two.

Hope/pray this aint true. Rita having a great season.
Any insight from Rock Soup?

Jake got hurt with 3 minutes left or so in the first half. They were stretching him out on the trainers table during the change of possession. He went back in before half and played the entire second half. The Dr. I was sitting with said he thought it was a muscle and not a knee by the way they were stretching him.

I’m hoping that a post game exam did not find anything else.

Kuska has a history of protecting his kids (a good thing) and even when a doctor has cleared a kid he may still hold the kid out another week. The one starting wide receiver could have played but was on the sidelines in street clothes this past Friday. This kid could be the starting QB next year.

Forgetting about football for a minute let’s hope hope Jake's ok. He was the starting catcher on the state championship team this summer and is looking forward to a big spring this year.

Hope/pray this aint true. Rita having a great season.
Any insight from Rock Soup?

Hearing same as moxie said. #8 Jake Zylman QB is as tough as they come. Plays football the way it is meant to be played, fast and violently. Excellent baseball player too. My grapevine is silent, and if my assumptions are correct, I know where moxie got his info and it's pretty much the best source.

If all is true, my guess would be JR #6 starts and he is a heckuva football player in his own right. A coach's son, smart, athletic, current starting FS on D so that's that.

But that stuff figures itself out. Right now just hopes and prayers for #8, not for the football player, but for the tough, well rounded Rita man he is.

Reactions: Cat Box
I’m hearing he is out, not sure how long. Shame because kid is a great young man
Hopefully not serious enough to keep him out baseball because that is his future...I also don't want this to detour kids from playing both sports

Reactions: FootballTrack8
Hearing same as moxie said. #8 Jake Zylman QB is as tough as they come. Plays football the way it is meant to be played, fast and violently. Excellent baseball player too. My grapevine is silent, and if my assumptions are correct, I know where moxie got his info and it's pretty much the best source.

If all is true, my guess would be JR #6 starts and he is a heckuva football player in his own right. A coach's son, smart, athletic, current starting FS on D so that's that.

But that stuff figures itself out. Right now just hopes and prayers for #8, not for the football player, but for the tough, well rounded Rita man he is.

#8 really is a throwback. I could see him playing at old Cronin Field on 63rd and Claremont. I really respect the way Kuska prioritizes his players well being over victories. Hope for the kids' sake he is ready for the playoffs. He really deserves a shot in the playoffs for all the blood/sweet he has given to the program.

#8 really is a throwback. I could see him playing at old Cronin Field on 63rd and Claremont. I really respect the way Kuska prioritizes his players well being over victories. Hope for the kids' sake he is ready for the playoffs. He really deserves a shot in the playoffs for all the blood/sweet he has given to the program.
Kuska is a good dude and a class act. Glad to see Rita on an upward trajectory. Great program!

Rumor has it Rita's QB is out with an injury. Appears to be significant. If it is true, have to feel sorry for the senior QB...and Mustang's play-off run hopes. Hopefully minor injury and he is back in a week or two.

This is obviously a huge blow, but let's hope it is an injury he can fully recover and pursue his baseball dreams down the road.

Rita fans should be proud of Jake and his accomplishments and character! Todd doesn't normally start junior QBs. Jake has responded beyond expectations and we fans should appreciate him being one of the main players in running a totally new offense.

That's to bad. I know the LA kids respected him. He had a couple of great runs and showed toughness against them. Get well soon young man.

Reactions: RockSoup
#8 out for the remainder of the year. Obviously, I really feel bad for the kid, as he gave his heart and soul to the team. At least the back-up gets one game before playoffs.

what was the injury to #8? knee? god speed

You probably have the best intentions FT8 but it's still a 17-18yo with plenty of good things ahead of him. Lower body, bad enough to be ruled out for rest of football season should be enough info for anyone interested.

You probably have the best intentions FT8 but it's still a 17-18yo with plenty of good things ahead of him. Lower body, bad enough to be ruled out for rest of football season should be enough info for anyone interested.

Who plays QB? Does soph QB get called up as a back up?

Who plays QB? Does soph QB get called up as a back up?

#6 JR current starting FS would start at QB. Senior WR #28 has QB experience from Soph year. RB #1 and WR #81 have thrown TD passes or 2pt conversions in the past. Soph prob plays soph this week and comes up for State are all my best guesses. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

#6 JR current starting FS would start at QB. Senior WR #28 has QB experience from Soph year. RB #1 and WR #81 have thrown TD passes or 2pt conversions in the past. Soph prob plays soph this week and comes up for State are all my best guesses. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Thank you. #6 is good on D. That will b a loss for the D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT