ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita 7 @ Loyola 37 F

RockSoup

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2009
Dear Diary,

I was ready to call the DAB overrated, but it is an excellent beer.
Won all the arm wrestling matches, so maybe it’s the underdogs day today.

The game is being streamed but I’ll still report from the game in case some don’t have enough bandwidth and/or Twitter updates are too slow and inconsistent.

God, I love this country. Thank you all service men and women and first responders

Maldonado 5ydTD run. 4 plays by LA. Not a good start with missed tackles .

PAT good

Half back option Clayton to Do it all BJ Hall

PAT Talty good

set up great by Rita D keeping LA in front of them and letting teenagers make mistakes

Maldonado 4yd sweep.

PAT wide left

LA to get ball in 3Q

First play of half play action TD. Stearney to Collins.

PAT good

Sorry, Kaleb Brown or no Kaleb Brown, how did anyone think this was preseason #1? They are probably going to win the rest of their regular season games because that schedule definitely softens the rest of the way, but they have serious flaws. If they are 7A, it’s 2 & out.

Sorry, Kaleb Brown or no Kaleb Brown, how did anyone think this was preseason #1? They are probably going to win the rest of their regular season games because that schedule definitely softens the rest of the way, but they have serious flaws. If they are 7A, it’s 2 & out.
Yeah, I had high hopes for them...now not so much

Not the best showing. But game swung in a 2 minute span. Before half, missed tackle on sweep or power right. Needed to hold them to a FG there since LA would be getting the ball back to start the second half. Great play call out of the half, play action, D bit, throw it up top. 30 seconds 13 point swing.
Starting games, halves, drives after turnovers with misdirection or play action are correct calls against human nature. Worked for St. Rita on half back option right after the turnover.
Goals now. Get healthy. Win conference and go from there.
Congratulations to the Ramblers.

He’s arguably the best football player in the State. I think he has a fairly significant impact on this game. I think LA still wins, but it’s a lot closer. Rita will be just fine. I think LA made some key adjustments throughout the game. Rita’s defense is pretty darn good despite the final score. I will say this, I can’t wait to see Kreutz run the football out of the wildcat. He is a beast. I think he had 38 tackles today. No slight to MC, but I think Rice is going to be a bear.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockSoup
Not the best showing. But game swung in a 2 minute span. Before half, missed tackle on sweep or power right. Needed to hold them to a FG there since LA would be getting the ball back to start the second half. Great play call out of the half, play action, D bit, throw it up top. 30 seconds 13 point swing.
Starting games, halves, drives after turnovers with misdirection or play action are correct calls against human nature. Worked for St. Rita on half back option right after the turnover.
Goals now. Get healthy. Win conference and go from there.
Congratulations to the Ramblers.
Mustang will finish 7-2 and no one will want to see them on their side of the bracket come November.

He’s arguably the best football player in the State. I think he has a fairly significant impact on this game. I think LA still wins, but it’s closer. Rita will be just fine. I think LA made some key adjustments throughout the game. Rita’s defense is pretty darn good despite the final score. I will say this, I can’t wait to see Kreutz run the football out of the wildcat. He is a beast. I think he had 38 tackles today. No slight to MC, but I think Rice is going to be a bear.
Thinking BR has a slight chance since at home and it’s a 6p kick off. Friday afternoon road trip for Rambler after 3 home games to start the season. Have to jump on them right away. Crusader will need the ball to bounce their way and maybe a few LA starters miss the bus.

Thinking BR has a slight chance since at home and it’s a 6p kick off. Friday afternoon road trip for Rambler after 3 home games to start the season. Have to jump on them right away. Crusader will need the ball to bounce their way and maybe a few LA starters miss the bus.
You ever see the LA travel buses? Coach all the way!! They will be comfortable!

Now that I am back in the safety of the South Side, other notes:

I don’t see LA as more than a 7pt favorite against the blue. The blue is up for grabs.

Hate to harp on missed tackles because it discounts the player forcing the misses. Maldonado is an all stater in my eyes with his rushing and receiving ability.

QB Stearney has the poise and tools to end up one of LAs best.

My concerns coming into the season were replacing the graduating O and D. I know the best days are ahead for this offense. With KB going down so early, it left their 2 year returning starting QB with all new weapons vs arguably the toughest opening 3 games in the state. With Clayton at RB, his best games are ahead of him. Each week will bring more patience and trust, then burst.

But the naysayers are right, St. Rita will not be a factor in the 7A playoffs. Write that automatic win down in pen.

Add on to above:

JR P Connor Talty is very good.

Sort of tells you how the game went when the K/P earns first star but he is playing very well and will be important when St. Rita will need to flip the field

Reactions: crusader_of_90
It's still 2.5 hours on the Tri-State ...regardless of vehicle.
They did it in the Spring to BR and won 28-7 on a 6pm start. 17 yr olds aren’t effected and don’t get tired off a 2 hour ride

Add on to above:

JR P Connor Talty is very good.

Sort of tells you how the game went when the K/P earns first star but he is playing very well and will be important when St. Rita will need to flip the field
He had a 65+ yard punt. He’s fantastic!

Now that I am back in the safety of the South Side, other notes:

I don’t see LA as more than a 7pt favorite against the blue. The blue is up for grabs.

Hate to harp on missed tackles because it discounts the player forcing the misses. Maldonado is an all stater in my eyes with his rushing and receiving ability.

QB Stearney has the poise and tools to end up one of LAs best.

My concerns coming into the season were replacing the graduating O and D. I know the best days are ahead for this offense. With KB going down so early, it left their 2 year returning starting QB with all new weapons vs arguably the toughest opening 3 games in the state. With Clayton at RB, his best games are ahead of him. Each week will bring more patience and trust, then burst.

But the naysayers are right, St. Rita will not be a factor in the 7A playoffs. Write that automatic win down in pen.
RS, thanks for the recap. I do understand Rita was rated preseason #1 in a paper, but I think we all know here on this board, that LA was probably ahead of Rita, so I am not surprised at this beatdown, especially with KB out.

LA just has Rita's number, and the fact that the Rambler will most likely be in 7A, gives me little hope that anyone else can win 7A.

I watched the first half on the awesome Rambler stream, and it just didn't seem Cascia played with any urgency. Did you get that sense, Rock? Not sure if the O-line just walks up to the line on most plays, or that they should "run" up to the line on every play, but it just seemed something was off. Or maybe it was just the stream that made things appear more slow.

As you said: get healthy, bring KB back into the offense and see how this plays out. Ending up with a 7 - 2 record with huge momentum for the playoffs would just be what the doctor ordered here. On paper and going by tradition, Rita's schedule will be very tough; however, with Benet-Don-Roadrunner being "down," it's a realistic goal.

RS, thanks for the recap. I do understand Rita was rated preseason #1 in a paper, but I think we all know here on this board, that LA was probably ahead of Rita, so I am not surprised at this beatdown, especially with KB out.

LA just has Rita's number, and the fact that the Rambler will most likely be in 7A, gives me little hope that anyone else can win 7A.

I watched the first half on the awesome Rambler stream, and it just didn't seem Cascia played with any urgency. Did you get that sense, Rock? Not sure if the O-line just walks up to the line on most plays, or that they should "run" up to the line on every play, but it just seemed something was off. Or maybe it was just the stream that made things appear more slow.

As you said: get healthy, bring KB back into the offense and see how this plays out. Ending up with a 7 - 2 record with huge momentum for the playoffs would just be what the doctor ordered here. On paper and going by tradition, Rita's schedule will be very tough; however, with Benet-Don-Roadrunner being "down," it's a realistic goal.
I didn’t see it like that live. If they were walking, its just probably a way to use all of the play clock to shorten the game.

I disagree that LA just walks through 7A or 8A or wherever they end up. But I won’t say anything further about that.

If SR had BR or many others early schedule, they’re sitting 3-0 without knowing what they have or what level must be achieved.

I still believe, as far as worst case scenarios go to open up a season, this makes them more dangerous come late October.

Reactions: MC2023
LA will walk through 7A public schools as if they are not there. It wont be like Rochester, but it'll be bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: corey90
I didn’t see it like that live. If they were walking, its just probably a way to use all of the play clock to shorten the game.

I disagree that LA just walks through 7A or 8A or wherever they end up. But I won’t say anything further about that.

If SR had BR or many others early schedule, they’re sitting 3-0 without knowing what they have or what level must be achieved.

I still believe, as far as worst case scenarios go to open up a season, this makes them more dangerous come late October.

You're right, they need a tough early schedule cause the green division does them no favors getting ready for Oct.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT