ADVERTISEMENT

SHG @ Marmion

cornerrat

Aug 1, 2009
All.... The Cadets are impressive. Just a Cyclone fan looking for general stats on the team. And do you guys tailgate .... ? One last question. After the game the best bar food in town? Thanks! Ratsy

Best bar food @ Hawthorne's Backyard Grill & Bar on Hawthorne Road in West Chicago. Check out their website and menu. Good beer selection also. Ask for Lou. He owns the joint.

Reactions: DCH88
I agree with everything you posted there!!!!

Best burgers. Fresh cut beer battered onion rings. Their soups are to die for. The tomato artichoke soup dominates. Brisket dip sandwich with pepper jack cheese.

I take customers there for lunch regularly. Never had a bad meal.

Well...since we have diverted to food I am sure that means the game is an afterthought? SHG by 3-4 TD as it is written here

Only if Marmion is overrated, as Cat Box said in his post. SHG is no world-beater itself.

Marmion plays tough, hard nosed, smash mouth football. Nothing flashy.

The Cadets truly only have one quality win on the season - a 1 point victory over Montini (a Bronco team which has proven to be very inconsistent this year). Was the 34-31 home win over class 3A Bishop Mac a quality win? Of course not - we expect average 6A teams to crush 3A squads. The other 3 wins were against 2 CPS schools and St. Francis. Marmion started out 5-0 then lost the next 4 in a row. Cadet win over 8-1 Shepard should not surprise anyone. Shepard plays in a lightweight conference and was untested going in.

SHG only 2 losses were both close contests vs. 9-0 Rochester and quality 7-2 MacArthur team. SHG over Cadet by 17. I don't think this will be close.

You'll enjoy playing at Marmion. Nice facilities, beautiful campus, friendly people, tasty concession food.

Reactions: emdee91
All.... The Cadets are impressive. Just a Cyclone fan looking for general stats on the team. And do you guys tailgate .... ? One last question. After the game the best bar food in town? Thanks! Ratsy

ratsy,

There isn't much near Marmion, but if you go down south of the Farnsworth cloverleaf a few miles there are a bunch of strip malls that have pizza places.

Near Marmion there is a Chipotle right at Kirk and 56.

The Cadets truly only have one quality win on the season - a 1 point victory over Montini (a Bronco team which has proven to be very inconsistent this year). Was the 34-31 home win over class 3A Bishop Mac a quality win? Of course not - we expect average 6A teams to crush 3A squads. The other 3 wins were against 2 CPS schools and St. Francis. Marmion started out 5-0 then lost the next 4 in a row. Cadet win over 8-1 Shepard should not surprise anyone. Shepard plays in a lightweight conference and was untested going in.

SHG only 2 losses were both close contests vs. 9-0 Rochester and quality 7-2 MacArthur team. SHG over Cadet by 17. I don't think this will be close.

You'll enjoy playing at Marmion. Nice facilities, beautiful campus, friendly people, tasty concession food.

SHG is playing fairly well since getting healthy, but especially in 2nd-round games on, favoring a visiting team over the home team (unless the visiting team is a prohibitive favorite) can be very risky. I'm more apt to call SHG/Marmion a toss-up game. SHG would indeed be fortunate if they were to win by 17.

All.... Rain is in the forecast for the entire day. That might make things interesting. A question for you since it sounds like you have attended numerous games at their facility. A group of us are going up early and hang out. (it's what we do lol) By chance have you ever seen those pop up tents being used before the game? Do they do that kind of thing in the lot? If not it's time to break out the frog toggs. Thanks. Ratsy

All.... Rain is in the forecast for the entire day. That might make things interesting. A question for you since it sounds like you have attended numerous games at their facility. A group of us are going up early and hang out. (it's what we do lol) By chance have you ever seen those pop up tents being used before the game? Do they do that kind of thing in the lot? If not it's time to break out the frog toggs. Thanks. Ratsy

Ratsy,
Marmion has a campus with acres of green space and plenty of parking. Do a Google Earth search to see the lay of the land. There is room galore for tents and bags.

All.... Oh I have. A beautiful campus. Already had my parking spot picked out before viewing the latest forecast. Some schools (from experience) get a little "wound" up when they see a tent from the invading force. Thus the question I posed. Ratsy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT