ADVERTISEMENT

SF Kenwood Color?

tuccs

Sep 30, 2011
Close game in Wheaton. What’s the scoop?

Both Naz and SF eeking out week 1 wins though Naz had to come from behind and gave up more points so still heavy dogs in week 9.

To SF’s defense, wasn’t the opener last night the first V experience for many key positions?

To SF’s defense, wasn’t the opener last night the first V experience for many key positions?
I’m genuinely asking for color as Naz has Kenwood next week. Not a SF knock at all the close score concerns me for both games.

SF still figuring out the passing game post Miliojevic…looked disjointed and didn’t generate much through the air on offense but much of that in my opinion can be chalked up to game 1 stuff. The talent is clearly there but the passing game just didnt “click” at any point. Also could be that Kenwood has a couple D1 guys in the defensive backfield…that didn’t make things easier. Kenwood D-line also gave SF fits, they have some good pass rushers.

Kenwood O was held in check 90% the time but they have serious speed at the skill positions and got loose for a few big scoring plays.

The score going into the 4th quarter was 27-14 and I think SF had a drive going to put them up 34-14 but then a fumble stalled that drive and gave Kenwood some late momentum.

Overall SF looked a bit sloppy (much of which I’ll chalk up to first game stuff with some new players at key positions) but Kenwood was a well coached team with some real talent. I don’t expect Naz to struggle but Kenwood isn’t anything resembling the pushover that the computers were suggesting.

SF still figuring out the passing game post Miliojevic…looked disjointed and didn’t generate much through the air on offense but much of that in my opinion can be chalked up to game 1 stuff. The talent is clearly there but the passing game just didnt “click” at any point. Also could be that Kenwood has a couple D1 guys in the defensive backfield…that didn’t make things easier. Kenwood D-line also gave SF fits, they have some good pass rushers.

Kenwood O was held in check 90% the time but they have serious speed at the skill positions and got loose for a few big scoring plays.

The score going into the 4th quarter was 27-14 and I think SF had a drive going to put them up 34-14 but then a fumble stalled that drive and gave Kenwood some late momentum.

Overall SF looked a bit sloppy (much of which I’ll chalk up to first game stuff with some new players at key positions) but Kenwood was a well coached team with some real talent. I don’t expect Naz to struggle but Kenwood isn’t anything resembling the pushover that the computers were suggesting.
Chris Goffer, an MC Alum and former MC Coach took over Kenwood. He was at DLS and brought their QB with him to Kenwood. He also runs a very good DB Academy so no surprise their DBs are solid, he may have brought a couple of them with him to Kenwood too.

Reactions: DMurph11
Chris Goffer, an MC Alum and former MC Coach took over Kenwood. He was at DLS and brought their QB with him to Kenwood. He also runs a very good DB Academy so no surprise their DBs are solid, he may have brought a couple of them with him to Kenwood too.
Who says the public schools don’t recruit?

Reactions: UAGoofy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT