ADVERTISEMENT

Roxana AD proposal to save fall sports

So we are going to keep a contact sport like Soccer in the fall but move volleyball to the sping? You would now have Boys and Girls Vball, Badminton and Wrestling at the same time. All of which use the gym for competition and three use for practice. Not to mention the terrible weather and football coaches wanting to use gym space when the weather is awful.

The amount of effort to move seasons is massive. Beyond scheduling games, you have to find officials who are not working youth and travel sports in fall. Ads have to fill a number of coaching positions for the spring still as they currently are focused on fall. On top of all that, things might be shut down by October 1st.

Wrestling and Football at the same time would really cause problems as many do both sports and do them well. Forcing them to choose would be very unfair to them. I know MC had about 4 that do both, 2 of them excell in both sports.

Reactions: Gene K. and IgorStL
Wrestling and Football at the same time would really cause problems as many do both sports and do them well. Forcing them to choose would be very unfair to them. I know MC had about 4 that do both, 2 of them excell in both sports.

It’s better getting 1/2 rather than 0/2.

Last edited:
If you scroll down and look it’s kinda funny that this story was 2nd in most viewed behind Schnucks employee tests positive for Covid.

Reactions: IgorStL
You just can't pick and choose sports to switch. I don't see how you can have cross country and track at the same time - coaches usually overlap and how do you have distance runners choose between the two...you gut either the wrestling or football program if you do both at the same time...how does a coach do football and track at the same time...girls having to choose soccer or volleyball is opposed to what they normally do - VB, GB, S / SB at small schools. And junior high has to be flipped as well...they share too many facilities...

I like it.... just move Wrestling back to Winter and start it a little later than normal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT