ADVERTISEMENT

Red Grange 7 on 7 tomorrow

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
Should be a fun day tomorrow for anyone seeking a little football fix, not only will I have a table set up for autographs but the world largest mobile grill will also be in action. If you're bored and in the area stop on by since its a really well run and entertaining day with the various things they have going on out there. Below is a little write up Soucie did on the event.

https://www.fridaynightdrive.com/2019/06/21/storylines-abundant-at-red-grange-classic/a8w8x6m/#//

15wmog7.jpg

Reactions: Gene K.
Clown....you should post your impressions from the event.

@pjjp

I was there in the morning before the rain came so I left but a few random thoughts.

Naperville Central- Sam Jackson is going to put up video game numbers has really strong arm and quick release and when he can run in a game teams aren’t going to be able to stop him. He had few good WRs too.

Batavia- they are huge but the passing game didn’t look as good as last year, good thing they return their 2 leading RB’s. On defense they had some break downs in the secondary but overall they looked good.

Thorton- The QB had a strong and accurate arm and really stood out. They look improved should be handful in their new conference.

York- Huge lineman, the QB was nice and things look like they are heading in the right direction but they are still a few athletes away.

Rochester- the thing that stood out most is their coaches really like to yell, but they looked same as they do every year so not likely anyone in 4A is beating them.

WWS- split QB reps but the assumed starter throws an extremely accurate deep ball. They have two good RBs and look like they are going to play them together, lots of kids that can play at WR. On the defense have really good size and speed at LB, and length in the secondary. The overall depth and athletes is way up compared to the last few years. Maybe I’m just a fan but I really think with what’s going on over there they are going to be in state title contention for atleast the next 4 years.

It’s like he read my post. I didn’t see the indoor lineman portion but seeing the Skoronski kid from MS walk by he is a man child, I haven’t seen a high school kid that looked like that since Hubert Thompson at Proviso West.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT