ADVERTISEMENT

Palatine 27 - SCN 28 F

Williams finally got home with the strip sack. Should kneel it out here

A Christmas Story Fudge GIF

Palatine screwed on a 4th down conversion with a phantom flag and the strip sack was unquestionable. Rough beat

Reactions: Irishfan90
I thought Palatine was up by 2 TDs? Tough to blame the officials when you probably had chances to end the game but instead let a team hang around.

Reactions: brucealmighy
Both game changing calls by the head red well after the fact. Pretty wild
That was some of the worst officiating I’ve ever seen. Palatine Interception in the first half called inc was a for sure catch, palatine td pass called back for holding, palatine converts on 4th and 1 penalty to ice it called a hold, strip sack on last drive for palatine on 3rd down called incomplete well after the play.

Unbelievable.

No doubt. Palatine still let them drive. However, those 2 missed calls on the final 2 drives were indeed backbreakers. And they were rather brutal

Reactions: Irishfan90
Let me throw in that the lack of an adjustment by the PHS Coaching Staff allowing one wideout to dominate a guy half his size for the whole game is not a ref issue. They needed to double the one receiver and PHS wins by at least a TD. The coaching MUST get better.

Let me throw in that the lack of an adjustment by the PHS Coaching Staff allowing one wideout to dominate a guy half his size for the whole game is not a ref issue. They needed to double the one receiver and PHS wins by at least a TD. The coaching MUST get better.
They're too predictable too.. The 4th down at the end where they couldn't get a yard. That play and formation was run for short yardage half a dozen times.. everyone knew what was coming and all the LBs crashed the line and they stopped them. SCN crashed their LBs all night on obvious runs. I kept thinking they need to line up like that, let the linebackers crash and then throw a little 10 yard slant to Bostick.. if they'd done that Bostick would still be running right now... and those linebackers would stop crashing on every formation that looks like a run.

First drive they swept to Gaspard and on the very next play it was the same formation, faked the sweep to Gaspard and hit Bostick on a wheel route.. 30+ yards... and they never did it again. Sigh

They're too predictable too.. The 4th down at the end where they couldn't get a yard. That play and formation was run for short yardage half a dozen times.. everyone knew what was coming and all the LBs crashed the line and they stopped them. SCN crashed their LBs all night on obvious runs. I kept thinking they need to line up like that, let the linebackers crash and then throw a little 10 yard slant to Bostick.. if they'd done that Bostick would still be running right now... and those linebackers would stop crashing on every formation that looks like a run.

First drive they swept to Gaspard and on the very next play it was the same formation, faked the sweep to Gaspard and hit Bostick on a wheel route.. 30+ yards... and they never did it again. Sigh
It pains me to say since he is so good at coaching offense, but Donnelly falls into his own trends far too often. Shows up time and again against quality defenses

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT