ADVERTISEMENT

Nominate: Week 7 IHSA State Wide Coach of the Week honors?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
So which worthy head coach state wide should be named the Week 7 IHSAFootball Player of the Week? Please post your nominees here also please supply any supporting infornmation like stats etc.

Thanks

Jon Beutjer - Lyons Township

Last week one of the best Qb’s in IHSA history was nominated for this award by edgy so I thought I’d nominate another great one (maybe the greatest).

Lyons was down 20-0 at half and had 5 TO’s that led to all of DGN’s points. Coach Beutjer rallied the troops at half, made some great adjustments and LT came out with the 21-20 victory.

LT is 7-0 and in the drivers seat for a conference championship.

*side note - DGN’s QB left the game in the 2nd q when the game was tied 0-0. All of DGN’s 20pts were scored in the 2nd q with the backup under center. Mentioning this as DGN’s lack of 2nd half offense and LT’s comeback had more to do with LT’s defense and LT not turning the ball over than it did with DGN not having their QB (who is a special player).

Last edited:
Jon Beutjer - Lyons Township

Last week one of the best Qb’s in IHSA history won this award so I thought I’d nominate another great one (maybe the greatest).

Lyons was down 20-0 at half and had 5 TO’s that led to all of DGN’s points. Coach Beutjer rallied the troops at half, made some great adjustments and LT came out with the 21-20 victory.

LT is 7-0 and in the drivers seat for a conference championship.

*side note - DGN’s QB left the game in the 2nd q when the game was tied 0-0. All of DGN’s 20pts were scored in the 2nd q with the backup under center. Mentioning this as DGN’s lack of 2nd half offense and LT’s comeback had more to do with LT’s defense and LT not turning the ball over than it did with DGN not having their QB (who is a special player).
Never heard of Lou Sponsel being regarded as one of the best QBs in IHSA history...

CG Homer pick, Brad Seaburg. Avenging the 1 point loss to Huntley last year on a controversial call on CG’s homecoming. Seaburg led the Trojans, 14 down with 6 minutes and went for broke on the 2 point conversion to win by 1. Win or go home!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT