ADVERTISEMENT

New Matchup this week: Prospect vs St. Francis Friday

I remember a comment claiming "SF has the softest coaching staff and AD in the state" and that they "duck competition" I believe they opened the year with a 7A top 25 team in the state, the #3 team in 5A, and another big 7A school. I believe the commenter's school lost to a team Francis shut out last year and beat the year prior as well. Love the non-conference games they've picked up the last 2 weeks. Will only help them for later down the road this season.

Reactions: Gene K.
I remember a comment claiming "SF has the softest coaching staff and AD in the state" and that they "duck competition" I believe they opened the year with a 7A top 25 team in the state, the #3 team in 5A, and another big 7A school. I believe the commenter's school lost to a team Francis shut out last year and beat the year prior as well. Love the non-conference games they've picked up the last 2 weeks. Will only help them for later down the road this season.

To be fair SF kinda walked into the week 2 and 3 games. Now they didn't have to agree to play those teams. I just think full context is needed. I am happy they got to upgrade their schedule. Prospect is going to be a huge test for them.

To be fair they had Juarez on the schedule initially.

Reactions: ClownBaby
Knights defense is full of athletes that run to the ball. D has kept pressure on 1st two opponents and allowed the offense to find itself later in the games. St. Francis has some big time athletes that will be a test. Prospect will have to hope D can hold them in the game and continue to carry the team.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Knights defense is full of athletes that run to the ball. D has kept pressure on 1st two opponents and allowed the offense to find itself later in the games. St. Francis has some big time athletes that will be a test. Prospect will have to hope D can hold them in the game and continue to carry the team.
Thank you for that.

Full disclosure is they could have taken the forfeit wins the last 2 weeks but instead took on tougher opponents for the boys who have already lost out on so much. Good to see them taking on the challenge and the boys getting games.

Offense finally put it all together. Sophomore QB Alessio Millijivic had some great throws a 40 yarder go Route to Criter who fully extended to bring it in, a near TD to Dash Dorsey on a dig route, and another go route he connected on. He also make some plays on the run that were impressive, Adam Criter was incredible again this week. Had a diving catch fully extended on a 3rd and long that completely changed the momentum, and also had a few rushing TD's from the Wildcat. Offers are going to start rolling in for the kid. Defense had multiple goal line stands, they were great. But great win from SF faced adversity, refs were homers the whole game, and they blocked that all out and pulled out a great away W against a big 7A school

Reactions: Gene K.
I’m well aware. Was Lake Forest that good in week one or what happened there? I’d venture to say that Peoria and Prospect are better teams.
Francis beat themselves in any way they could. Gave up 3 special teams touchdowns, double digit penalty's, overlooked them a little bit. Had multiple touchdowns called back. Peoria and Prospect were better than Lake Forest all around. Bigger, faster, and just as discplined imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT