ADVERTISEMENT

ND 22 SL 0 F

eireog

Oct 6, 2007
Sitting at 1-5 and not much to play for the Dons have come back and played well the last two weeks. This is a team with some young talent. I’m looking forward to next Friday against St. Rita. If they come to play next week against the Mustangs I think they might make some noise next year. Go Dons!!

ND is a few points in 3 games from being 6-2. They’re not a good team or a bad team. They’re young and I’m glad the way the responded to being 1-5. Next week will give an indication to next year. If they come to play against St. Rita it will bode well for next year.

Reactions: RockSoup
As a Niles resident I really want the Dons to be good.
Dons soccer squad is top 10 in state!

Proud of the way ND is finishing up the season. Was tough to see them fall short of the playoffs as they've had a good run recently. But they rallied and kept playing that tough style of ND football. I don't see them scoring much, if anything, next week vs Rita but interested to see how the defense does.

If Prep Bowl playoffs are still a thing, I certainly hope ND plays those games. More reps helps the younger guys and it gives the seniors some more chances to put on the green and white.

Reactions: eireog and RockSoup
Dons soccer squad is top 10 in state!
Pretty soft schedule except for an upset of Benet. In 2A out of 3 classes they likely will make it to the final 8. Likely would have been out much earlier in 3A given the strength of that area in soccer.

I’d imagine ND would accept a bid to the Prep Bowl playoffs. I remember them getting an invite back in the years of the earlier CCL/ESCC merger. It would be a great honor to compete for the Prep Bowl and also great prep for a young team. And as ESCC fan said another chance for the seniors to play. A shot at renewing the Shamrock/Don rivalry would also be fun. I hope it happens.

Question? Where is Blackmon now? And aren’t these Blankmons last two classes (22,23) at Laurence?
I don’t know where he is, but I know he revived Laurence’s program, I know he took them to the semi finals twice and the quarterfinals in a three year stretch, something Laurence hadn’t done since the 70’s. I know some of talent he brought in transferred when he left. These may be the remaining players he recruited but he didn’t recruit them with running the pistol in mind.

Listen I won’t pretend to know the in’s and out’s of why he was let go after a successful run outside of what I’ve heard, and maybe it was warranted, but this is Nissen third, well 2.5 season and they haven’t been been as successful since he left and that’s plain to see.

Exactly, it takes time and right players. Lower levels 7-1 and 6-2, with what I heard, 10 sophomores up on varsity
The freshman is 6-2? I saw them lose 30-0 to BR and 28-7 to MC. I don’t wish them any ill will or lack of success I just think they pulled the trigger early. Just my opinion.

The freshman is 6-2? I saw them lose 30-0 to BR and 28-7 to MC. I don’t wish them any ill will or lack of success I just think they pulled the trigger early. Just my opinion.
Freshmen moved to 5 -3 with yesterday’s 41 to 6 W over ND and sophomores are 7. 1.

Reactions: McCaravan
Stand corrected 5-3 for freshman, and Blackmon was at Oak Lawn HS after for two years and let go.
Blackmon left Oak Lawn on his own and got out of coaching. Speaking of Oak Lawn, they can make the playoffs if they upset Evergreen this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT