ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts and prediction on every Big12 team goin ahead of the 2023 season

Wunna52

Nov 28, 2022
Peoria : will Peoria be able to match the success of this past season ? And who will step up and fill the BIG shoes Washington left at the running back position? . Peoria is losing a lot of key players not only Malachi but also ricki Hearn , Kenny Rutherford , Landon newby wholesome and a key number of Olinemen and d linemen .Peoria is returning Gary Rutherford who is one of the best linebackers in the state in my opinion , they are also returning Tq Webb at wideout and Valentino gist at Qb so I think Peoria will be at the top of the big 12 once again Projected record (8-1)

Normal west : will normal west be able to win the big 12 conference title again ? Will they be able to replace the great senior heavy defense that they had last year ? And will normal west be able to replace Jayden mangruem at the qb position? I look forward to gavin camp ( wr/S/ Kr) will have a great season once again and will be the main target that normal west offense . Projected record (6-3)

Normal community : will normal community be able to win the big 12 after having a “ down year “ last year . And will normal community be able to make a deeper playoff run than the one they made this past season with a fairly young team.This year Tommy Davies ( 2 year big 12 all conference rb selection ) will bring some experience and much needed grit to this team . Quarterback Kyle beaty will bring experience and leadership as well Projected record (9-0)

Bloomington:Will bloomington be able to get back into the playoffs after a couple of years if playoff drought ? With plenty of returning starters on both sides of the ball such as Aj codron ( all conference Qb), Garrick Dickerson ( was the wr2 last year , will be asked to play a bigger role this year ) and Miguel espindola ( first team all conference lineman)I think bloomington will make the playoffs . Projected record I have for them (6-3)

Urbana : will Urbana finally have enough players to have a varsity season ? And how well will those kids do after only playing jv competition for the past couple of years ? Projected record ( 0-9)

Peoria notre dame :will Pnd be able to climb back up the big12 rankings after having a down year last year ?? Pnd had a pretty young team last year but will that experience help them be one of the best teams in the big 12?

Projected record : 5-4 . Key player (Michael McLaughlin, Ol/Dl)

Peoria manual: manual finished with a 1-8 record last year, what will it take for manual to have a positive record or to at least climb to 4 wins next year? I do expect them to be slightly better than last season though.

Projected record . 3-6

Peoria Richwoods : peoria Richwoods has been pretty mediocre for the past couple of years .this year they are returning a decent amount of starters but will have to replace a couple of key positions. The biggest question I have is if they will be able to have a positive record after going 1-8 last year . I just don’t see that happening just yet . Projected record (2-8). Look forward to jaivyn Moore (first team all conference Wr) having a good season again .

Champaign centennial : centennial had a great season this past year finishing the season 7-3. This upcoming year they are returning most of their Linemen but lost skill players to graduation. I expect them to have players ready to step up but still think they’ll have a down year but I could be wrong . Key player coming back this season is Jeremiah young ( Ol/Dl , 6’7 305) . Projected record (6-3)

Champaign central :champaign central has been at the bottom of the big 12 for the past couple of years . This past season though they managed to get 3 wins , which is more than the last two seasons . It seems like they are climbing up slowly and surely . I still believe that they’ll be at the bottom of the big 12 next year but due to how young their team was last year they’ll have plenty of experience this year . Projected record (4-5)

Danville : Danville had one of its best seasons last year . Finishing the season 6-4 and making it to the playoffs . I expect them to have a worse season this year simply because a lot of their key playmakers were seniors and I’m not sure if they will be able to reload properly . Danville is always a team that plays hard . Projected record 5-4)

All.... Peoria opens up at home against Rochester. Having looked at what both teams return I like the Rockets in that contest. Especially so if Coach Thornton sticks with his multiple onside kicks during a game philosophy.

That would be a fun game to go to but (knock on wood) I will be at Dick Tharp Field watching small school Sacred Heart-Griffin play Normal Community. The Cyclones who which has been noted on this board graduated 19 out of 22 starters will have their hands full and much more playing a very good Ironman team. Ratsy

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT