ADVERTISEMENT

My Take: Lake Forest College Camp

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Sunday was a picture perfect day weather wise for the annual Lake Forest College camp. The camp draws a ton of kids every year and this camp hosted over 600 kids. Several FCS and NAIA/D3 schools also were in attendance and the camp featured a testing phase and a positional work plus one on ones.

Covering this camp remains a huge challenge for me on several levels....the main issue is that the camp is spread out over several different fields after the testing phase and it's pretty impossible for me to cover with any sort of depth all of these kids even if they all stayed on one main field. So my focus was on the non skill positional players then worked my way out to the main football field at the end of the camp to see some one on ones.

My big focus, especially in these large camps is to seek out kids who I have wanted to see in person but haven't yet along with seeing and focusing on more unknown underclassmen names. Also of note....I'm still waiting for the final revised list from Lake Forest they had several walk up.

Below are some names who caught my eye on Sunday. I will be coming back over the next day or so to revise and add more evals on kids. Check back again Tuesday AM for more,

Class of 2022

9 Gary Griffin Rockford East 2022 LB- Good size kid lots of length and a player who moves really well. Liked his positional work and has FCS level talent in my opinion.

24 Santiago Rios Richards 2022 WR- Good sized kid with decent length and has great a huge ball catching radius. Ran pretty well here as well.

28 Jalen Gilleylen Andrew DB 2022- A name to watch who tested well and who also was pointed out by several college coaches as a strong performer overall.

70 Ryan Calcagno St. Francis DB 2022- Lots to like here and now after this summer I have a much better handle on Ryan potential and his abilities. Can play a few different positions but I feel his position in college will be S/OLB. Runs really well and has improved his speed considerably this summer.

6 Jeremy Rowlett Shepard 2022 DL

105 Antonio Richardson ICCP 2022 DL

158 Wade Abrams Cary Grove 2022 RB- Very solid all around athlete here who has already been pretty productive on the field at CG. Ran and tested well here and

170 Mark Forcucci Wheaton North 2022 QB- Watched Mark throw for the first time live here and was really solid. has a bit more size than I thought and he just made several impressive throws here. Has FCS abilities.

171 Donta Hayes Morgan Park 2022 S- Is a really long lean and athletic player who will no question add more size and strength. Donta is a vert fluid athlete who tested well, looks the part and backup things up in one on ones.

164 Andrew LaPlant Wheaton Academy 2022 WR

161 Dane Partridge Marmion Academy 2022 WR- Just caught everything here and made the most out of very limited reps.

135 Dylan Rogers Rich Central 2022 LB

167 Nate Glazebrook Glenbrook North 2022 LB

20 Shemar Holt Rockford East 2022 DB

116 James McCabe Loyola Academy 2022 LB

58 Amon Walker Bolingbrook 2022 DB- Has great size and length and played last spring at Willowbrook and is now at Bolingbrook. Made some impressive plays in one on ones and he will just get bigger and stronger. FCS level ability here.

TE Devin Yeats Hampshire 2022 TE-

267 RB Jhari Scott Lake Forest 2022 RB very impressive kid on the hoof who also has some real wiggle and burst

275 Leo Scheidler Lake Forest 2022 DB- ran well and looks really solid in positional work.

281 LB Sam Scullion Glenbard South 2022 LB

231 Aaron Winters Belvidere North 2022 LB- Another impressive athlete on the hood who is also a bit of a tweener positionally. Has worked out and played TE/LB and also WR. Has good sixe, will get bigger and stronger down the line. I feel positionally he's more of a TE IF he can add more good weight and size and could ind up at say the FCS/D2 level.

201 Tomele Staples Kankakee 2022 QB

253 Jack Heinberg Marengo 2022 LB- decent size kid who made some really good plays in one on ones. Not sure of he's a SS/OLB at the next level but a name worth looking into here for sure.

218 John Orrico Lincoln Way West 2022 DL

Class of 2023/2024

365 Luke Griskey Huntley 2023 OL

315 David Aldridge Jr. Simeon 2023 WR

396 Matt Kingsbury St Rita 2023 LB- First time seeing Kingsbury in person and I came away feeling he has some real FBS upside and potential. Kingsbury has impressive size (6-foot-4, 220 pounds) and ran and covered well here at LB. I can easily see Kingsbury also get looks at say DE as well.

397 Joe Kingsbury St. Rita 2023 LB Doesn't have quite the size as his brother Matt but Joe also has strong game overall and physical tools. Will be more of a S/OLB typw in my eyes.

383 Michael Jefferson Jr. Grayslake North 2023 DB

370 John Kemp St. Ignatius 2023 DB

372 Owen DiFranco Glenbard South 2023 DL

407 Judah Mallette Chicago Hope 2023 WR

424 David Loch York 2023 DB

452 Devion Reynolds Carmel Catholic 2024 WR

453 Logan Brasfield Yorkville 2024 OL

423 Justin Stawczyk St. Rita 2023 DB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series