ADVERTISEMENT

MMXXIV Edition - CCL-ESCC Predictions Week III

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
Two weeks in the books and we have ourselves an interesting season already. And with it being crossover week, we have some great matchups. I'm going to set the over/under on Mundelein to New Lenox at 2:15 and the Roscoe Village to Chicago Heights at 1:45. Also: Loyola is hosting a game under the new lights. Someone warn Debbie.

SR @ BR
regular season (neutral field)
[2024] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 21 (60%), [2024] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 17 (40%)
Naz @ MC
[2024] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 35 (73%), [2024] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 26 (27%)
ICP @ SI
[2024] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 38 (74%), [2024] Immaculate Conception (Elmhurst, IL) 28 (26%)
SF @ LA
[2024] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 31 (88%), [2024] St. Francis (Wheaton, IL) 12 (12%)
MCHS @ Marist
[2024] Marist (Chicago, IL) 35 (92%), [2024] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 13 (8%)
F @ JC
[2024] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 24 (65%), [2024] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 17 (35%)
CoM @ PC
[2024] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 24 (58%), [2024] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 21 (42%)
SL @ ND
[2024] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 24 (61%), [2024] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 19 (39%)
SV @ MA
[2024] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 35 (96%), [2024] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 8 (4%)
BA @ DLS
[2024] Benet Academy (Lisle, IL) 62 (>99%), [2024] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 7 (<1%)
SP @ Leo
[2024] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 35 (96%), [2024] Leo (Chicago, IL) 8 (4%)
DP @ Marian, Heights
[2024] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 28 (73%), [2024] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 19 (27%)

Reactions: lookoutforliam
BR -4 vs Rita. Crusaders lost a heartbreak in OT to their hated rivals last week. Rita got shutout by theirs. Both teams will be hungry, but I think BR is just the better squad. They ride home field advantage. 28-17 BR.

MC -9 vs Naz. A week after giving up a whooping 42 to The Hun, the Caravan blanked Rita. Naz gave up a bunch of points to K3 week 1. They won't be able to score enough on MC's defense. I think this stays close early, but MC pulls away late. 42-27 Caravan.

IC +10 vs Iggy. Was surprised to see Iggy lose last week. When you're in the Blue, you can't lose many non-Blue games if you want to make the playoffs. I think Ignatius gets the win here but close. 30-24 Iggy.

Loyola -19 vs WSF. Spartans struggled week 1 vs Kenwood. They worked "Life for Life" last week. Loyola is a different animal than both those squads. Night game in Wilmette. The NIMBYs will be peering from their mansions, concocting stories of students being too loud and trashing the neighborhood in an effort to end the "LA Under the Lights" fun. And don't get them started on those hooligans coming from Wheaton! 35-7 Ramblers.

Montini +22 vs Marist. Broncos haven't given up a point yet this year. That ends this week. I don't think Marist struggles much in this one, but 22 is just too much. 35-18 RedHawks.

JCA +7 vs Fenwick. Supposedly JCA got shutout last week. However, the IHSA hasn't uploaded that score yet. That leads me to believe the game is under protest and never happened. Hilltoppers beat a tough Fenwick team. 27-20 JCA, moneyline special.

PC -3 vs CoM. I was huge on the Corsairs. Their home loss to LF last week dampened my expectations a bit. It's a VERY long ride from Mundelein to New Lenox. Celtics win this one with relative ease. 31-14 PC.

StL -5 vs ND. Seems like the same old story for the Dons. Strong defense, "work in progress offense". The Vikings were unfazed by their trip up north last week and ran all over Evanston last week and won with ease. They'll be taking a similar trip Friday night and will win in similar fashion. 30-7 Vikings.

Marmion +27 vs Viator. Neither of these teams have played anyone with a pulse yet. The spread is just too big. 28-21 Lions.

DLS +55 vs Benet. I might be a "Benet believer" this year. They have a schedule that sets them up for a 6-3 regular season. DLS has some real issues to work through. 49-7 Redwings.

St. Pat's -27 vs Leo. Shamrocks get a blowout win vs a big 8A school last week. They continue to roll this week behind a very strong defense. 35-6 Shamrocks.

Marian +9 vs DePaul. Spartans had a rough go of it last week, while DePaul went out to the Sticks and got an easy win. I still believe this Marian Catholic team though. Call me crazy all you want. It's probably irrational. 23-20 Spartans.

BR -4
Naz +9....MC wins but I like Naz to keep it close with their experienced team
IC +10
LA -19
Montini +22
JCA +7....can the Hilltoppers find some offense? It's already a must win for them IMO.
CoM +3....Provi is a year away. Long trip for CoM, but they handled the Celtics in NL last year. I see a bounce back win for the Corsairs.
STL -5....Vikings program seems to be on the rise.
Marmion +27
DLS +55....this is a lot of points.
Pat's -27....Shamrocks seem to be another program on the rise.
Marian Cath +9

Reactions: tuccs and ignazio
Brother Rice 32 (-4) St. Rita 14: Something is off at 79th and Western. When your arch rival in MC comes to town and the stands aren't overflowing, that tells me that there isn't much belief in the Ponies.

Mount Carmel 41 (-9) Nazareth 30: SHEESH! Strong matchup here! I do think this will be a very good game, but MC's home field and just being a bit better will get them the win and the cover late.

Saint Ignatius 34 ICP 30 (+10): While I think Iggy's wins, it's going to be well earned and it will come down to just being a bit deeper on the depth chart.

Loyola 42 Saint Francis 30 (+19): My Buffoon radar may be way, way off here (it usually is) but I think SF is going to be treating this as a showcase game. They won't win, but they don't have to and they're going to hang tough with the Ramblers

Marist 31 Montini 17 (+22): Montini covers, but Marist doesn't struggle

Fenwick 22 Joliet Catholic 19 (+7): And just like that, the people are believing in the Friars! While Oswego seems to be pretty good, I view last week's loss for JCA as a bit of a red flag in that they got blanked. I expect a bounce back from the Hill, but Fenwick just clips them in the end

Carmel 30 (+3) Providence 21: I have been very bullish on the Corsairs, but last week set off the warning alarms. Fool me once....

Saint Laurence 32 (-5) Notre Dame 13: I don't think ND is a threat. I gather Pat's beat themselves and Sterling was not good. Larry's put up a bunch of points on a big 8A program in Evanston last week. The Vikings seem to be locked in right now

Saint Viator 31 @ Marmion 10 (+27): Marmion only covers because Viator isn't deep enough to cover 27 when their backups are in.

Benet 56 (-55) De La Salle 0: I feel greasy taking -55 but DLS is not in a position to compete with any CCL program at the moment.

Saint Pat's 36 Leo 12 (+27): Leo only covers because of a late score.

DePaul 26 Marian of the Heights 21 (+9): GOTW!!! Playoffs start in week 3 for both schools! It's a long trip from California and Addison to the Heights on a Friday evening, but the Rams will be 3-0 going into their homecoming!

1/3rd of the season is about to be complete! Don't waste opportunities to be supporting the best version of football!

Last edited:
Brother Rice -4
Mount Carmel -9
Immaculate Conception +10
Loyola Academy -19
Marist -22
Joliet Catholic Academy +7
Providence -3
St. Laurence -5
Marmion Academy +27
De La Salle +55
St. Patrick -27
DePaul College Prep -9

Reactions: ignazio
This week I'll take these teams
Rice- They bounce back o_O
Naz- I like road runners in this one / come from behind win
ICP- Iggy play calling is suspect IMO
LA- Shouldn't lose again! MC?:D
Marist- Semi-Finals you heard it by me first;)
JC- Have they figure out the run Game?
CoM- Young QB is nice they are a few pieces away, Transfers,Transfer ,Transfer is what they missing
St Laurence - Please pick better non conference schedule
Benet - Must stay healthy last Two game plus MC Yikes:oops:
St. Pat- SHOULD BE 2-0 play calling will help or hurt them in big games
DePaul - THEY TOUGH:cool:

I like the way Buffoon and Ramey are thinking.

SR @ BR
Crusaders need a bounce back. Quick.
Naz @ MC
Roadrunners could pull the upset, but I need to take the Caravan.
ICP @ SI
Pack coming off a rivalry loss, Knights coming off a, what? Your opponent ICP'd you? Wolfpack.
SF @ LA
Going with Hoerster Field at Sachs Stadium on Holecek Complex.
MCHS @ Marist
All aboard the 'Skins train.
F @ JC
Hilltoppers.
CoM @ PC
Celtic.
SL @ ND
Vikes.
SV @ MA
Cadets
BA @ DLS
Meteors.
SP @ Leo
Lions.
DP @ Marian, Heights
Rams.

Last edited:
Brother Rice -4
Mount Carmel -9
Immaculate Conception 10
Loyola Academy -19
Marist -22
Joliet Catholic Academy 7
Carmel 3
Notre Dame 5
Marmion Academy 27
De La Salle 55
Leo 27
Marian Catholic 9

Brother Rice
Mount Carmel
IC
LA (Lights are going to bring out the offense)
Montini
Fenwick
Carmel (long drive for Provi)
St Laurence
Marmion
DLS
Leo
DePaul

BR -4 toss up goes to home team
MC -9 close game, pulls away at the end
ICP +10. Lock of the week. Why? Because they will win outright.
WSF +19 WSF is the more experienced Friday night lights team.
Marist -22 pulls away late
JCA +7
Carmel -3 lock. Runner up hangover for PC
ND +5 Sometimes you have to go against the thread to gain ground in the standings. Larry with two blowouts and a long drive to Niles might be that opportunity.
Marmion +27
Benet -55
SP -27 I’m not as high on SP as the rest of the thread seems to be . They’ve been gifted a very nice schedule. Tonight they take advantage.
DePaul -9

Last edited:
Reactions: ignazio and eireog
I think a close game tilts in favor of Naz tonight I feel like the longer they are able to hang with the big dogs the better chance they have at pulling off one of the greatest upsets in world history. On the flip side if MC does what MC does and pulls away by a couple of scores it’s going to be a really long night for my family as I will be thrown into a childish rampage.

Brother Rice 32 (-4) St. Rita 14: Something is off at 79th and Western. When your arch rival in MC comes to town and the stands aren't overflowing, that tells me that there isn't much belief in the Ponies.

Mount Carmel 41 (-9) Nazareth 30: SHEESH! Strong matchup here! I do think this will be a very good game, but MC's home field and just being a bit better will get them the win and the cover late.

Saint Ignatius 34 ICP 30 (+10): While I think Iggy's wins, it's going to be well earned and it will come down to just being a bit deeper on the depth chart.

Loyola 42 Saint Francis 30 (+19): My Buffoon radar may be way, way off here (it usually is) but I think SF is going to be treating this as a showcase game. They won't win, but they don't have to and they're going to hang tough with the Ramblers

Marist 31 Montini 17 (+22): Montini covers, but Marist doesn't struggle

Fenwick 22 Joliet Catholic 19 (+7): And just like that, the people are believing in the Friars! While Oswego seems to be pretty good, I view last week's loss for JCA as a bit of a red flag in that they got blanked. I expect a bounce back from the Hill, but Fenwick just clips them in the end

Carmel 30 (+3) Providence 21: I have been very bullish on the Corsairs, but last week set off the warning alarms. Fool me once....

Saint Laurence 32 (-5) Notre Dame 13: I don't think ND is a threat. I gather Pat's beat themselves and Sterling was not good. Larry's put up a bunch of points on a big 8A program in Evanston last week. The Vikings seem to be locked in right now

Saint Viator 31 @ Marmion 10 (+27): Marmion only covers because Viator isn't deep enough to cover 27 when their backups are in.

Benet 56 (-55) De La Salle 0: I feel greasy taking -55 but DLS is not in a position to compete with any CCL program at the moment.

Saint Pat's 36 Leo 12 (+27): Leo only covers because of a late score.

DePaul 26 Marian of the Heights 21 (+9): GOTW!!! Playoffs start in week 3 for both schools! It's a long trip from California and Addison to the Heights on a Friday evening, but the Rams will be 3-0 going into their homecoming!

1/3rd of the season is about to be complete! Don't waste opportunities to be supporting the best version of football!

🤡 “something is off at 79th Western” 🤡

Busy and hectic week for me is an understatement, I couldn’t get my picks in, but if I did I would take Rita to beat Rice by 7 late, MC to pull away from Naz late after a shoot out and for St. Francis to spoil LA first night game and pull off the upset. Take it to the bank I got a good feeling on this

Don’t fret. I am still collecting all data. Keep picking. Weekly winners and accumulated leaders announced after week 4 games. Thanks to @ignazio for carrying the water.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT