ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri fb?

godfthr53

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2008
St louis guys. How's this Lutheran North team. They are pounding everyone they play. I see they are MO top 25 and they put feelers out to ihsa teams to play.

Now you know that this is not true, why would you even say this? It would be an interesting game for sure for both our families. On a different note hows the young man growing up? Roadrunner class of '32 right? Any more on the way? One other request can you take Andrew off the Naz Hudl its complicating things for answering where he's at now and the local guys can't upload stats.

well Wilson is still ducking us.

Who do they compare to in Illinois?

Lutheran North & Trinity are both good teams in St. Louis. Both are small schools. Personally I think both would either beat Rochester or it would go to the wire.

STLhighschoolSPORTS.com rankings - 10/10/2017
Small schools
Last Week
1. Trinity (7-0) 1
2. Lutheran North (8-0) 2
3. Highland (7-0) 3
4. McCluer South-Berkeley (6-0) 4
5. Althoff (6-1) 5
6. Borgia (8-0) 6
7. Cardinal Ritter (7-1) 7
8. MICDS (6-2) 8
9. St. Mary's (7-1) 9
10. Wesclin (7-0) 10
On the bubble: Alton Marquette (6-1), Columbia (5-2), Warrenton (7-1), Miller Career (5-3), Lutheran South (5-3), Lutheran St. Charles (5-3), Red Bud (4-3), Breese Central (4-3), Carlyle (4-3), Westminster (4-4)

Last edited:
ESL is open. Hold off on taking shots at Montini until after Naz schedules this game.
Naz scheduled a good solid team, Montini going to the blue means their non con will be weak, and I’m totally understanding of that.

Naz scheduled a good solid team, Montini going to the blue means their non con will be weak, and I’m totally understanding of that.

Thanks, the posturing around this has been ridiculous. The days of MS and LZ on the non-con slate are over. Running the PC, LA, BR and SR gauntlet is plenty to prove your worth as a team, particularly when you are almost 400 head count lower than the next smallest school.

Reactions: Gene K.
Thanks, the posturing around this has been ridiculous. The days of MS and LZ on the non-con slate are over. Running the PC, LA, BR and SR gauntlet is plenty to prove your worth as a team, particularly when you are almost 400 head count lower than the next smallest school.
Agreed that is a ridiculous conference schedule for a team Montini’s size. There is no need to challenge themselves in non con, that’s suicide. It would appease the idiots on that’s board that’s it and then they can thump their chests about their great schedule when they’re home for the playoffs? Montini is smarter than that.

Agreed that is a ridiculous conference schedule for a team Montini’s size. There is no need to challenge themselves in non con, that’s suicide. It would appease the idiots on that’s board that’s it and then they can thump their chests about their great schedule when they’re home for the playoffs? Montini is smarter than that.

And I completely understand the paradigm shift for Naz. They are one of two bullies in their conference, so in order to gain relevance, they NEED to take this tactic for non-con. I get it, but they need to stop using MCHS as the benchmark of superiority for "backing down" from a non-con series.

And I completely understand the paradigm shift for Naz. They are one of two bullies in their conference, so in order to gain relevance, they NEED to take this tactic for non-con. I get it, but they need to stop using MCHS as the benchmark of superiority for "backing down" from a non-con series.
You’re right, in the past it didn’t make sense for Naz and the game wasn’t scheduled. Now going to the Blue it doesn’t make sense for Montini and the game isn’t scheduled. Same thing. I genuinely believe we’ll see that matchup in the playoffs soon.

Heck if IHSA would move forward with everyone making the playoffs we could see that game every year regardless.

Reactions: mchsalumni
This year (2017) would have been the only year it would have made sense. MCHS still in the green and almost a lock for playoffs and Naz thinking the same about their squad. Instead both went with CPS openers. I know everyone wanted the game 4-5 years ago but to me now it just doesn't make sense or just lost its luster in my opinion. Sure if we meet in the playoffs it would be great. I just won't be as up for it as I was a few years ago when there were stars a plenty on both sides.

This year (2017) would have been the only year it would have made sense. MCHS still in the green and almost a lock for playoffs and Naz thinking the same about their squad. Instead both went with CPS openers. I know everyone wanted the game 4-5 years ago but to me now it just doesn't make sense or just lost its luster in my opinion. Sure if we meet in the playoffs it would be great. I just won't be as up for it as I was a few years ago when there were stars a plenty on both sides.
You lie, you meet in the playofffs and you’ll be like a kid in a candy store.

I just won't be as up for it as I was a few years ago when there were stars a plenty on both sides.

There still are stars aplenty on both teams. They just don't get the press and exposure that other teams do being much smaller school teams. Both have won state championships in the recent past and may very well do so this year if they can get past PR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT