ADVERTISEMENT

Marist

pjjp

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Hey Dean, what do you think of second-year Marist Coach Kevin Sefcik? I was just reading about him and the Marist program on PBR. Sounds like he had a solid first year (losing to Provi in the sectionals and finishing 2nd in the summer state tournament). In the article, it stated their freshmen class is loaded with prospects. Sefcik is a former major leaguer who seems to have made an immediate impact. Do you expect Marist's baseball fortunes to continue to rise with him at the helm?

Marist has always been a strong program. The school on a whole seems to be on a real upswing. Naz has to be the favorite in the ESCC this year. I would say Marist and Benet right behind them. I think the Hilltoppers will finish in the middle of the pack. For what it is worth, the 2019 class at JCA is loaded as well.

Hey Dean, what do you think of second-year Marist Coach Kevin Sefcik? I was just reading about him and the Marist program on PBR. Sounds like he had a solid first year (losing to Provi in the sectionals and finishing 2nd in the summer state tournament). In the article, it stated their freshmen class is loaded with prospects. Sefcik is a former major leaguer who seems to have made an immediate impact. Do you expect Marist's baseball fortunes to continue to rise with him at the helm?

I cant imagine they wouldn't do well. I am a little disconnected from them now with them no longer playing under the lights. Used to be able to watch them vs. good teams at night a lot but since they moved the field to the other side of school I just haven't seen them. MC would play there every year, Rita etc-had great crowds. They had a pretty cool field before its a shame.

Reactions: USD24
Dean, I agree on Marist's field. Was one of my favorite places to play as a visiting player. Very unique and a short porch in left!

Marist is going to be solid. Sefcik is a founder of the Illinois Sparks travel organization, which is one of the top full time travel teams in the midwest so he has a pipeline there to get players to Marist. Marist had a HUGE incoming class. Give them 2 years they will be a top team in the state again and a mainstay

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT