ADVERTISEMENT

Marist MC

ssi84

Sep 21, 2010
Disabato tweeted that Marist and Mount Carmel will open the season at Soldier Field. It is unfortunate that the Marist Rice game is off but glad to see another neighborhood rivalry take its place. What do both teams have coming back and what does the matchup look like?

Disabato said last week the Marist Rita game wasn't finalized so maybe this takes the place of that one.

Could a move like this foreshadow a possible move to the CCL blue ? I know it's been brought up and shot down before. One of the arguments against it happening is the girls participation in the ESCC. That's a valid point but why not join the GCAC ? It would set up a huge neighborhood rivalry with McCauley. It's a natural fit for footbal.

This is great. Could be the start of a new opening day tradition.

St Rita, Simeon part of tripleheader

The MC/ Marist game is the first of three that day (at noon). St Rita and an undisclosed competitor will play in game two,while Simeon and East St Louis Senior complete the day.

Should be a great day for prep football in Chicago!

This post was edited on 12/16 5:24 PM by MC63

Re: St Rita, Simeon part of tripleheader

Marist bailed on the Catholic Metro Conference because they didn't want to play these teams week in and week out. What has changed?

Originally posted by CaravanAlumParent:
Marist bailed on the Catholic Metro Conference because they didn't want to play these teams week in and week out. What has changed?
Recruiting.

Kids on the southside want to play for or against CCL blue teams.

Last time they played in 08 in the Quarters I bet my name on here and if MC lost my name woulda been "Marist Mom"

well, I hope the guy you bet is walking around with an "MC bee-otch" moniker!

Great omen for MC to open with an ESCC team. Last 8 state titles have done so. Pats 13,12, Viator 02, Joes 00 (JC was week 2) JC 99 98 96 91

This post was edited on 12/17 6:46 AM by DeanOfSelection

I don't think Marist will join the CCL but a lot has changed there since the CMC days. Most notably a coach like Dunne that has the program in better shape than it has ever been.

I think they had many sophs up on Varsity though. I saw their frosh play JC in Fall 13 and they had very good talent. beat JC something like 47-6.

On their roster it looks like they had 8 sophs up on varisty, not sure the extent any of them played. Their QB was a junior last year so they have experience returning there. In the couple games I saw of theirs this year it doesn't appear they have the skill position talent on offense they have in the past. Not sure if they have any talent coming up to help there.

Well, um, how about their AD, HC, President, football stadium, football success, and attitude for starters?

I'm not saying that they should join the Blue or want to join the Blue, but Marist and the Marist football program are in much better shape since the CMC days.

Originally posted by eireog:
Could a move like this foreshadow a possible move to the CCL blue ? I know it's been brought up and shot down before. One of the arguments against it happening is the girls participation in the ESCC. That's a valid point but why not join the GCAC ? It would set up a huge neighborhood rivalry with McCauley. It's a natural fit for footbal.
There are several CCL schools (Fenwick, Bishop Mac and Providence) with girls programs competing in the ESCC.

Ramblin....I believe this is the last year Fenwick, Biship Mac and Providence girls will be in the ESCC. I heard about this awhile back. See the below link. FYI.

GCAC additions

I was actually at SF Mon night and this pre-season Prep Bowl is way better football then what is going on out there currently

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT