ADVERTISEMENT

LWE

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
They are looking unbeatable this year especially on offense. Defense is a little behind the normal tough LWE defense. The 2nd half adjustments are fantastic. The Griffins have scored 49 points in Each of there 3 games along with the Florida forfeit they are 4-0. IMO they are better than the past two years.

I was just thinking last night that nobody seems bulletproof this year, and that's a good thing

So far it looks like LWE and ESL are the teams that seem to have set themselves apart from everyone else. That said it’s HS football so anything is possible.
I would say those two are definitely the closest with ESL slightly in front only because of the "bad" (with heavy air quotes) first half by LWE last night

Reactions: corey90
Their strength of schedule is something that needs to change

Who knows what they are made of
Well they tried to have two tough non conference games but MS isn’t the MS we thought and the Florida team forfeited. That said I have seen enough of the Griffins to know the are different this year. I also seen usual top teams looking very different and not in a good way. I would say it’s early still but we’re heading to the 5th game of the season. The bugs should have been worked out by now. It now feels like others are down this year. Plenty of games left so who knows. Just my observation.

Anyone want to volunteer to play a week one or two against a top ten team in the state? It doesn’t happen. The conferences in the south suburbs and near western teams are struggling to get some traction with a future merger. If ANYONE can improve upon the old SICA Conferences it would be a miracle. The vision of George Egofske was legendary!

Lincoln-Way East does whatever they can to play a challenging schedule. The Week 2 thing was an anomaly and next year you won’t see the 3 Division crossovers in the Southwest Valley since they are moving to 2 Divisions.

You can check out Waubonsie Valley’s schedule for 25-26 and 26-27 on their Snap website if you want to see the new Division alignments, but assuming their schedule posted is accurate East will play Naperville Central, Naperville North, Lockport, Sandburg, H-F, Neuqua Valley and Metea Valley next year with no crossovers on the other side. They’ll play Maine South Week 1 and then still need to fill Week 2. Pretty decent schedule all things considered I’d say.

• Haha
Reactions: MMA_Det and corey90
Second, they "convinced" Bo Scarbrough to speak to their team the same week as the forfeit. Quite the coincidence

Another great idea Bones. LWC played a home and home against ESL years ago…so it has been done with LW District 210. Loyola this year became reality as well for the Flyers. If that falls through maybe Argo can make the drive to Frankfort?

The only local that has not played LWE is….Joliet Catholic Academy. Just a dream I know but it would fill a Joliet Memorial Stadium.
I’m a JCA fan, but I can’t say I’d like to see this. LWE is on another level. Most years it would not be competitive. MC would be a great non-con matchup, IMO. They are one of the few IL programs that are on a par with LWE year in year out.

Reactions: CGsupporter
pjjp- I totally agree with you in todays market. This should have happened in any of the 24 YEARS prior. That is why I can respect a Providence Catholic program who put themselves out there and played 6 or 7 years in a row during this span of development at LWE. If you could just look at it from a HS fans perspective it is easy to see the dream. The L-W West playoff game a few years back was a classic and is still talked about in the historical discussions of LW210 fans. I understand the reasons and respect the choices made…but don’t kill the hope! Imagine the crowd and financial implications.

pjjp- I totally agree with you in todays market. This should have happened in any of the 24 YEARS prior. That is why I can respect a Providence Catholic program who put themselves out there and played 6 or 7 years in a row during this span of development at LWE. If you could just look at it from a HS fans perspective it is easy to see the dream. The L-W West playoff game a few years back was a classic and is still talked about in the historical discussions of LW210 fans. I understand the reasons and respect the choices made…but don’t kill the hope! Imagine the crowd and financial implications.
They played LWE 6-7 years but I don’t believe Providence ever beat East. I could be wrong?

I am sure the Griffins will do that. You are lost my friend with the antics of south and southwest suburban schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT