ADVERTISEMENT

LWE Vs Lockport

East 21-0 1st qtr 5 minutes.
East will be playing 2&3rd string soon.
42-0 LWE 8:37 until halftime. AJ with some moves. I am wondering where Steve Walker and crew are. Nick Setta sighting on Porters homecoming.

Lockport Dad. Do you have any thoughts or insight as to why Lockport has had such a steep dropoff since Kooi left ? We've never had any direct connection since our kids didn't attend there, but living in Homer Glen it is our district High School .

I honestly don't understand what's going on there as youth football is in place with the Lockport Jr Porters and the Homer Stallions that play other teams connected to SWSC schools. Toward the end of the late Bill Zimmer's tenure at LTHS, the program went into decline until Bret Kooi tok over in '94 and the program picked up steam and soon won state titles, but never seemed to sustain that level of championship caliber play. I've been in Bolingbrook since 1992 and know one thing...basketball seems to garner the most passionate interest at Lockport no matter what. This is a program that should be able to contend every season even in a very solid football conference and they have played a very difficult schedule this season as their 7 opponents have a combined record of 40-9....

Part of this is LWE being damn good. Lockport just played us last week and weren't pushovers. This is why I am concerned for week 9.

Football has never been a priority with Lockport's administration the focus has always seemed to be on baseball and softball. When my sons played there the concessions at the football games were a fund raiser for the band not the football team. Kooi is a hall of fame coach that had a good staff that was able to be competitive with what they had, after he left it started a downward spiral to were they are now. I find it hard to believe that a school with over 3,700 students can't at least put a competitive team together.

Reactions: Gene K.
Football has never been a priority with Lockport's administration the focus has always seemed to be on baseball and softball. When my sons played there the concessions at the football games were a fund raiser for the band not the football team. Kooi is a hall of fame coach that had a good staff that was able to be competitive with what they had, after he left it started a downward spiral to were they are now. I find it hard to believe that a school with over 3,700 students can't at least put a competitive team together.
Didn’t they win state in wrestling 2 years ago?

The Oster family had a lot to do with the rise of the Porter wrestling program. They did great work participating, coaching, and fund raising.

Reactions: FalconPadre
Wrestling at Lockport has been very solid for quite a while.

Waiting-GIF.gif

He may have thought better of it since there are rules on this site which Edgy will enforce.

Sorry for the delay guys. Been working a lot and seeing a friend in the hospital. Some things in life are far more important than others. But, when I get a chance, I'll get to it.

Oh yeah, nothing I say will be deleted and I won't be asked to leave. Just my opinion...and I bet Edgy may agree.

Reactions: Gene K.
Sorry for the delay guys. Been working a lot and seeing a friend in the hospital. Some things in life are far more important than others. But, when I get a chance, I'll get to it.

Oh yeah, nothing I say will be deleted and I won't be asked to leave. Just my opinion...and I bet Edgy may agree.

Your right LTHS
I pray your friend is okay. We say some stupid stuff on here. We all love HS football but your totally right some things in life are far more important. Glad to see you have you priorities right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT