ADVERTISEMENT

LA vs, MC

They haven't been as dominating since Maldanado went down, understandably. It will increase MC's chances but LA is #1 until someone knocks them off. MC can't afford to make any major mistakes.

Reactions: ckclassof2000
According to the most recent seedings, we're at #14. How many spots (do you think) would we move up if we beat LA?

BTW, I love those seedings projections and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into them.

According to the most recent seedings, we're at #14. How many spots (do you think) would we move up if we beat LA?

BTW, I love those seedings projections and I appreciate all the hard work that goes into them.
For the playoff seedings they would move up slightly but if we go 7-2 they will still be high middle of the seedings because of the two losses....

MC is the top seed among teams that are 6-2. Can't get any higher. So, in terms of moving up, all depends on how many 7A schools finish at 8-1 or better. If MC beats LA, and all the other 7-1 teams win next weekend, then MC's seed remains unchanged. I think the bigger question for you folks is how far down does MC move if it loses. Right now, there are 8 other teams that are 6-2. If they all win next weekend, then MC moves down to around 21 where they would be the top seeded 6-3 team.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
I predict a nail-biter without LA's RB1, with MC needing an O'Brien-style turnover inside the 10 to pull off the upset.

Both of these squads are young, preseason #1 and #2 teams next season.

With numerous close playoff games, I could see both teams winning state this season. They'll annihilate teams next season. Coaching and talent are exceptional.

Badke exits BR with a mediocre junior class, setting the stage for the incoming coach to be slapped in the CCL blue.

Reactions: Blue Ruin
I predict a nail-biter without LA's RB1, with MC needing an O'Brien-style turnover inside the 10 to pull off the upset.

With numerous close playoff games, I could see both teams winning state this season. They'll annihilate teams next season. Coaching and talent are exceptional.

Badke exits BR with a mediocre junior class, setting the stage for the incoming coach to be slapped in the CCL blue.
Depending on how post season goes, LWE should b in conversation for top ranked team next year

Reactions: corey90

I think LWE will have something to say about those seeds next year.

MC is the top seed among teams that are 6-2. Can't get any higher. So, in terms of moving up, all depends on how many 7A schools finish at 8-1 or better. If MC beats LA, and all the other 7-1 teams win next weekend, then MC's seed remains unchanged. I think the bigger question for you folks is how far down does MC move if it loses. Right now, there are 8 other teams that are 6-2. If they all win next weekend, then MC moves down to around 21 where they would be the top seeded 6-3 team.
If you can’t be a top 8 seed, 17-20 is a sweet spot. 12-16 is not preferable

As a MS fan do I want LA to lose? Anyone want to play Soucie and predict the difference in the 8A bracket?

I think I figured it out. We do want LA to lose so they become the #3 seed and would go with Six Flags.

Reactions: Cross Bones
This game has playoff implications. Not because of the seed or the polls but because it will help the young Caravan develop and move forward.

If they win on Friday, then I will wear the colors when I go out on Saturday.

Last edited:
Really doesn't matter... there are only two team in 7a that can beat MC in the playoffs (Batavia and Brother Rice). Maybe SR if Rita plays a perfect game.

Really doesn't matter... there are only two team in 7a that can beat MC in the playoffs (Batavia and Brother Rice). Maybe SR if Rita plays a perfect game.
Wheaton North and Glenbard North are pretty good. They could beat MC if they play well and MC plays like they did against St. Iggy

Reactions: NNFAN and Blue Ruin
Maybe SR if Rita plays a perfect game.
I wouldn't discount Rita, even if KB doesn't play, or if he plays but doesn't play well. As you say, Batavia and BR will be tough, but there is no clear favorite. I wonder if the brackets allow all four to be in the semi-finals. The brackets are an easier read when they're spread out schematically.

Last edited:

Br will pick up some offseason transfers like they always do

Reactions: ESCC Alum
Br will pick up some offseason transfers like they always do
Over the next few years, the number of students transferring from one school to another will rise. The college football transfer portal has an impact on how high school students behave.
Playing time and being a part of a winning program are two things that have surpassed playing with your pals in recent years. I disagree with it, yet it is the current situation.

BR loses a little and gains a little. Rogers (MC) and Clayton (SR) are two Division 1 athletes that have left BR. Since freshman year, the junior class I mentioned has lost three of its top skill players.

Even if a player is talented and transfers, there is no assurance that he will boost the team's performance. BR has benefited offensively from transfers this season, but to leave names out of it, this has come back to bite them a few times in the past.
What makes you dislike this process so much that you've addressed it 10 to 15 times on this board?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT