ADVERTISEMENT

Ignatius 21 St. Laurence 0 Final

They really got something going at Iggy. Hope they make a deep run. My dad graduated in ‘59. Would be fun to see them win one.

Tough game for the Vikings - they did not know what hit them after the Wolfpack's two opening drives to start the game . 0-14 deficit before they settled in. But give the Vikings credit for coming out strong in 2H and moving the ball up n' down the field - just could not punch one in - even when we had it 2nd & goal from 1/2 yard line.

But St Ignatius had the advantage with 6' 8" Father Brian holding up the big offensive play cards from the sidelines - nice n' high for the offense to see.

I miss Coach Harold Blackmon leading the Vikes!!!

Tough game for the Vikings - they did not know what hit them after the Wolfpack's two opening drives to start the game . 0-14 deficit before they settled in. But give the Vikings credit for coming out strong in 2H and moving the ball up n' down the field - just could not punch one in - even when we had it 2nd & goal from 1/2 yard line.

But St Ignatius had the advantage with 6' 8" Father Brian holding up the big offensive play cards from the sidelines - nice n' high for the offense to see.

I miss Coach Harold Blackmon leading the Vikes!!!
Nissen is Lenti's guy. Iggy runs the same offense MC did when Nissen coached there, he should have been prepared for it. He's a good guy, and loves to write 50 inspirational tweets a day, but I really think they let go of Blackmon too soon.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT