ADVERTISEMENT

ICE week 2

doctor_d

Oct 9, 2016
Reed-Custer @ Harvard
Hornets already throttled Lisle. I’ll take them but R-C keeps it a little closer.

Coalers @ Canton
Hopefully the CC QB is healthy. I’ll take the Coalers either way.

Herscher @ BMac
Big rivals here. I like Mac in a one score game.

Lisle @ Seneca
Irish aren’t as good as last year, but good enough to get the W here.

Manteno @ Plano
Nice win for the Panthers week 1, but Plano is a tougher opponent and @ their place. I’ll take the Reapers.

‘Tone @ Marengo
Seems like a toss up. Coin flip says Marengo, unfortunately.

Streator v Ottawa
The only conference team with a home game this week. I’ll take Ottawa in this long time rivalry (over 100 years) game.

Wilmo @ Sandwich
Sandwich O looked good last week, but they gave up a bunch to Manteno so I’d expect the Cats to move the ball and do their thing.

Looks like overall the league has some tough matchups and mostly on the road.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Harvard over RC - BIG TIME
CC over Canton - BIG TIME
BMAC over Herscher - NO PROB
Seneca over Lisle - BIG TIME
Plano over Manteno - TIGHT ONE
Peotone over Marengo - TIGHT ONE
Ottawa over Streator - NO PROB
CATS over Sandy - BIG TIME

WILMINGTON is on a whole other level this year. Hopefully, CC, Peotone and maybe Manteno can give them a game when it's time? Doubtful.

Reactions: doctor_d
Wilmo wins a game that's nowhere near as close as it seems because of both teams running game and wilmo runs the clock down. I would love to see them to just once go no huddle on a team.

CC rebounds like last year when they ripped off a few straight after a morris loss.
Manteno keeps the points up and wins.
Peotone grounds out a close one over Marengo.
I'll take Streator in a close one. I have no clue on either team.

Unfortunately RC, Lisle, and Herscher are probably in for a thumping.

WILMINGTON is on a whole other level this year. Hopefully, CC, Peotone and maybe Manteno can give them a game when it's time? Doubtful.
I would agree. I believe Manteno is the best one that can. Their passing game might give them a puncher's chance. I think Wilmo is poised for 14-0 if they go 2A. Too many good classes stacked on each other and they play a variety of school sizes which tests them.

Reactions: McEvergreen
Reed-Custer vs. Harvard - RC showed they couldn't hang with a top tier HOI program but how will they hang against a lower tier Harvard? Rumor has it Harvard is on the upswing. RC has shown they can compete and maybe they rebound after a tough outing but Harvard may have too much. Harvard 32 RC 26

Coal City vs Canton - the Coalers battled last week but have a much easier opponent this week. They will use it as a tune up for the conference season. Coal City 42 Canton 15

Herscher vs. Bishop McNamara - a rivalry unlike any other with two programs that are struggling. Herscher has been down since COVID and Mac down since Coach Z left. Both teams could use the win and Mac could really use it to get into the playoffs. Mac 34 Herscher 22

Lisle vs. Seneca - not sure what happened with the Lions last week but Harvard might be a solid team. Seneca lost a ton and are not the beasts they were last year but still a solid team. Seneca 28 Lisle 12

Manteno vs. Plano - the Panthers surprised people last week against Sandwich. They put up a lot of points but Plano is a tough place to play. HC at Plano was the QB for Mantenos HCs state championship at Iroquois West. I would expect a bit of a shootout in this one. Plano 46 Manteno 38

Peotone vs. Marengo - two programs who are in basically the same spot. Consistent playoff qualifiers but can't seem to get to the upper echelon. Spread vs. Wing T, two veteran coaches, and two teams looking to prove themselves. Peotone 22 Marengo 21

Wilmington vs. Sandwich - the Indian are kicking their wounds after last weeks pounding. The Wildcats are kicking their chops after another dominant win against a top tier opponent. An old rivalry with two traditional run dominant programs. Wilmington 36 Sandwich 28

RC in a tight one over Harvard
CC over Canton big
Mac Over Herscher 2 scores
Seneca Over Lisle Big
Plano over Manteno tight one
Peotone over Marengo 2 scores
Wilmington over sandwich 2 scores

ICE power Rankings
1 Wilmington
2 Coal City
3 Manteno
4 Peotone
5 Reed Custer
6 Streator
7 Herscher
8 Lisle

Reactions: doctor_d
Wilmo wins 40-15. Was 40-0 at halftime, Sandwich did not have a first down at half and I’m pretty sure negative yards.

Manteno 27, Plano 6 a little surprised by that score
Seneca 40, Lisle 0 not a surprise at all

Conference ended up doing better than expected this week, at least according to what the consensus seemed to be in this thread. I am an admitted sandbagger though. That's my excuse.

CC 53, Canton 6
Harvard 21, R-C 14
'Tone 42, Marengo 13
Herscher 20, Bmac 13
Manteno 27, Plano 6
Wilmo 40, Sandwich 15
Ottawa 35, Streator 7
Seneca 40, Lisle 0

Overall 5-3 for the week and 9-7 for the overall non conference two weeks. Not great. Not terrible.

ICE went 4-2 vs the Kishwaukee, 2-1 vs the Chicagoland Christian

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT