ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Academy beats Thornwood

Chicago773

Nov 29, 2015
21-14 Hope.....1700 kids at thornwood to Hope's 200+ THey can be a threat in 1A North Bracket along with Aurora Christian. No 1A team played schedules like theirs.

What a disaster Thornwood football has become. This was a once proud destination area when the TBirds first took flight.

Reactions: mullin17
Thornwood is going to make the playoffs.
And for the likes of victories over the three Rich Township schools, and TRidge good for them making the playoffs. SICA Strong. South suburbs are ideal fodder for the Private programs to offer athletes any chance of moving to the next level.

Reactions: superac777
Who have they played? If they get in it will be one and done. The first round of the playoffs is going to be ugly.

I didnt realize I was crowning Thornwood as a 7a title contender. They are doing better and not the dumpster fire implied by the LWE poster.

What a disaster Thornwood football has become. This was a once proud destination area when the TBirds first took flight.
When they tore down the housing projects in Chicago and those residents went to the south burbs near Indiana & far south burbs it changed the make up of those schools changing things.

For a 1A school of 200 or so kids, Hope has a pretty salty schedule. Might not take out Lena-Winslow, but that will probably be the best game of the 1A bracket.

Reactions: Gene K.
Pretty impressive for a school that size to schedule and beat teams like Thornwood.
I know they might not be a traditional power, but they have 1800 students.

Thump. That is all.

What was the point of bumping this?

Everyone in the state knew they’d lose handily in the playoffs, but you needed to reboot a two week old thread with nothing of substance to add?

Clown.

Hats off to a good year for Hope Academy who in a very bullshit way got the boot from the Catholic League.It is hard to be a independent these days.I helped Marian get Gary Bowman & Rich South get CICS Quest as well as Gary Roosevelt fill their schedules.Good Luck next year Hope

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT