ADVERTISEMENT

have we debated the best conference this year...if not we are late to the scene

Going back to 2000 is going back too far in my opinion. If you really want to gauge a conference's current strength by looking at history, you really shouldn't look back more than a few years. However, if you look at the past ten seasons and exclude Vernon HIlls (because they are no longer in the NSC), teams from the NSC have made it to championship games five times, winning it once.

As for Warren and Lake Forest routinely going deep in 6A, the Scouts didn't qualify for the playoffs last year. The year before that they lost a third round game vs. Prairie Ridge by a score of 71-7. Warren hasn't qualified for the playoffs in the last two years, and the last time they made it past round two was 2001.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a post. Warren made the playoffs last season after a one year absence and beat Bolingbrook before losing to Maine South.

Lake Zurich has 5 title appearances since 2006. Stevenson two since 2001 with each winning one. Libertyville has been to the title game three times since 2001 winning once.

Lake forest was a playoff team last year and has the second longest streak of making the playoffs in the league.

Facts matter

Lake Foreset made the playoffs last year and lost in the quarter-finals

I was going by the playoff record page of the IHSA website. On it, the last season of playoff results is the 2016-17 year. I just thought that was true for Lake Forest. Now that I look at it a little closer, it says "* Last updated at 10:16 am on Monday, April 24, 2017"

Sorry for the confusion.

Don’t let facts get in the way of a post. Warren made the playoffs last season after a one year absence and beat Bolingbrook before losing to Maine South.

Lake Zurich has 5 title appearances since 2006. Stevenson two since 2001 with each winning one. Libertyville has been to the title game three times since 2001 winning once.

Lake forest was a playoff team last year and has the second longest streak of making the playoffs in the league.

Facts matter

Facts do matter. I don't like it when I unknowingly misrepresent them. See my earlier post in this thread which explains why.

So, the outdated playoff page of the IHSA website explains my Warren and Lake Forest misrepresentations. To the extent that I can apologize for the IHSA and their tardy updating of 2017-2018 playoff data, I most heartily do so. For what it's worth, I also apologize for assuming that the IHSA playoff data was current.

Your references to LZ, Stevenson, and L'ville are nice, but they do not refute anything I said.

Facts do matter. I don't like it when I misrepresent them. See my earlier post in this thread which explains why.

So, the outdated playoff page of the IHSA website explains my Warren and Lake Forest misrepresentations. To the extent that I can apologize for the IHSA and their tardy updating of 2017-2018 playoff data, I most heartily do so. For what it's worth, I also apologize for assuming that the IHSA playoff data was current.

Your references to LZ, Stevenson, and L'ville are nice, but they do not refute anything I said.

Point missed - hard pass. It’s a good conference. Consistently does well in the playoffs. Whether you like it or not won’t ruin my day

Point missed - hard pass. It’s a good conference. Consistently does well in the playoffs. Whether you like it or not won’t ruin my day

I completely understood your point. I never said it wasn't a good conference. I was simply disagreeing with another poster about how far back he wanted to go to prove it's current strength. I was also disagreeing about Warren and Lake Forest, based on the published IHSA information I was using.

Do I think the NSC is a good conference? Yes.

Have a nice day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT