ADVERTISEMENT

half: Unbeaten Antioch 28, Grayslake Central 0

olderbytheminute

Apr 6, 2019
Watched the first half as best I could. No scoreboard. No announcer. Just a camera and you can hear the PA guy who never mentioned the score or time or quarter until the first half ended.
Anyway, this loss KO's Grayslake Central as it is a half away from being 3-5.
Antioch is going to finish 9-0 and anyone who roots for that program better start praying now that on Oct. 21, the 5A pairings. put Antioch against a Chicago Public League 5-4 qualifier and NOT against a Chicago Catholic League 5-4 team.
If they draw a Nazareth type team, Antioch's going to get running-clocked.
Clearly, not all 9-0 teams are created equal.
Anyone who thought that Grayslake Central was going to have a successful season ... not even close to being semi-good.

To be fair what 9-0 team wants to play the defending state champs.
I get your point regarding Nazareth Academy.
But that statement is not true in every circumstance.
Last year, Decatur St. Teresa went 14-0 and won the 2A state title. This year, they are staring 1-8 straight in the face.
The difference, obviously, is we are talking Chicago Catholic League ball and having watched as much of that league as possible this fall, it's why watching unbeaten Antioch tonight is so disappointing even as they are a lock to finish 9-0.
The problem with this entire season is that before the very first kickoff, a good parlay wager would be that EStL, Mt. Carmel and either Loyola or L-W East would win the three biggest class titles.
That sucks a lot of air out of the room.
It's also why I, and I suspect many others, are excited to see how the Catholic League's 4-5/5-4 final records shake out next week.
I think it's likely a couple of those 5-4 teams could be playing in. mid-November, if not later than that. And that creates excitement which is missing due to the greatness of teams at the three biggest-class levels.

I get your point regarding Nazareth Academy.
But that statement is not true in every circumstance.
Last year, Decatur St. Teresa went 14-0 and won the 2A state title. This year, they are staring 1-8 straight in the face.
The difference, obviously, is we are talking Chicago Catholic League ball and having watched as much of that league as possible this fall, it's why watching unbeaten Antioch tonight is so disappointing even as they are a lock to finish 9-0.
The problem with this entire season is that before the very first kickoff, a good parlay wager would be that EStL, Mt. Carmel and either Loyola or L-W East would win the three biggest class titles.
That sucks a lot of air out of the room.
It's also why I, and I suspect many others, are excited to see how the Catholic League's 4-5/5-4 final records shake out next week.
I think it's likely a couple of those 5-4 teams could be playing in. mid-November, if not later than that. And that creates excitement which is missing due to the greatness of teams at the three biggest-class levels.
I wasn’t aware that playoffs expanded to add 1-8 teams.

Making a run in the playoffs is about getting a favorable draw and a lot of luck especially because of how hosting the game works.

Yes- CCL is the best conference in the state. But that doesn’t need to undermine another school having a great season against their peers.

Watched the first half as best I could. No scoreboard. No announcer. Just a camera and you can hear the PA guy who never mentioned the score or time or quarter until the first half ended.
Anyway, this loss KO's Grayslake Central as it is a half away from being 3-5.
Antioch is going to finish 9-0 and anyone who roots for that program better start praying now that on Oct. 21, the 5A pairings. put Antioch against a Chicago Public League 5-4 qualifier and NOT against a Chicago Catholic League 5-4 team.
If they draw a Nazareth type team, Antioch's going to get running-clocked.
Clearly, not all 9-0 teams are created equal.
Anyone who thought that Grayslake Central was going to have a successful season ... not even close to being semi-good.
Wow. Regardless of the talent, trashy post, sounds like an axe to grind. They didnt pick who they played, and took care of business when they had to. Alot of teams dont want to face a 5-4 Naz team. Its been true for as long as we have been playing unbalanced schedules that not all 9-0 teams are equal. But keep on keeping on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT