ADVERTISEMENT

Feetos Friday Upset Special....

feeto

Aug 23, 2007
Welcome to another year of Upsets. I think this is my 20th year of this thread, and it's still a blast every week. Picking Upsets is complicated, and often debated. It's based on many things like rankings, records and common sense. To open the season I'm going to put one out there that some may say is "not an upset", but if you check every avaliable line, it must certainly is. This week's upset is......... The Mustangs of Morgan Park over the Redhawks of Marist. Gambletron and every prognosticator out there has Marist on top in this one, but I think not. Chris James is one of the best coaches in the state, and he has an incredible staff around him. The Mustangs return an amazing QB in Marcus Thaxton and they've brought in one of the states best receivers with Nisir Rankin. They have a load of D-1 talent on both sides of the ball. Marist will be really good this year. Néw Coach Mike Fitzgerald certainly proved his worth with the turnaround of the football program at York these past few years. The Redhawkskins have some monsters on that D-line, but that won't be enough tomorrow. Final score...... Morgan Park 37 - Marist 28. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?

Welcome to another year of Upsets. I think this is my 20th year of this thread, and it's still a blast every week. Picking Upsets is complicated, and often debated. It's based on many things like rankings, records and common sense. To open the season I'm going to put one out there that some may say is "not an upset", but if you check every avaliable line, it must certainly is. This week's upset is......... The Mustangs of Morgan Park over the Redhawks of Marist. Gambletron and every prognosticator out there has Marist on top in this one, but I think not. Chris James is one of the best coaches in the state, and he has an incredible staff around him. The Mustangs return an amazing QB in Marcus Thaxton and they've brought in one of the states best receivers with Nisir Rankin. They have a load of D-1 talent on both sides of the ball. Marist will be really good this year. Néw Coach Mike Fitzgerald certainly proved his worth with the turnaround of the football program at York these past few years. The Redhawkskins have some monsters on that D-line, but that won't be enough tomorrow. Final score...... Morgan Park 37 - Marist 28. That's this week's upset. What are your thoughts, and who is your upset?
Yessir. Marist and Coach Fitz will be the real deal soon enough. I’m not confident enough to say MoPo will pull off the upset but the Mustangs will give the RedHawks all they can handle. Great call @feeto and welcome back.

Sandburg over St. Rita. Sandburg returns a decent amount. Their underclass group
Is really good. Coach Flynn will have the D on point. Not to mention, St Rita will be focused on MC next week.

I’m saying Sandburg 35 Rita 28

Gambletron has Wheaton North getting 19 against Providence…they won 7A 3 seasons ago, did they fall off that far already? I know nothing about Wheaton North but since this is an upset thread I’ll take them over the Celtics

No chance......... But that's why we have this thread, because sometimes no chance becomes reality.
It won’t be the 42-6 score the Gambletron spit out, SR still wins but I think it will be competitive

It’s called an upset thread. Taking a shot on the Eagles. St Rita is the favorite on paper just liked the pick that I saw earlier in the thread

Reactions: feeto
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT