High School:
Mundelein

Graduation Year:

Height: 6-foot-6

Weight: 290 pounds

Recruiting Status: Uncommitted

Video Link:

My impressions of Brandon Hansen:

I was able to watch Brandon Hansen work out twice this winter, at the Boom Midwest Best of the Best then at my own Underclassmen Showcase camp. Hansen no question showed some real positives at both camps and no question helped improve his overall recruiting stock.Hansen is already holding an early offer from Central Michigan and has also seen more and more interest from various Group of 5 and a few Power 5 schools this winter.

Evaluation of Brandon Hansen:

Brandon Hansen overall performed well at both showcase events this winter and showed the potential to get better and better from here on out. Hansen has impressive size already as a 2024 linemen, who has very good overall bend, feet and good mobility who runs pretty well for a bigger kid. Hansen also was really aggressive in one on ones and seems to get better as the competition level rose at the camps. Hansen no question won some reps and also lost a few reps....pretty normal things you'd expect to see from a younger OL going up against older DL. Hansen was also able to take coaching and make adjustments pretty quickly in the camp setting, and my OL coaches raved about his attitude and desire to get as many reps as possible. Hansen was able to quickly improve his technique and also was able to take his new lessons and put then to work immediately.

Room for improvement?

Brandon Hansen will no question need to continue to work on and improve his overall pass pro technique and fundamentals from here on out, and he just looked like a kid who seemed much more comfortable in the various run blocking sets done at the camps, along with his sophomore level film. Hansen can at times get impatient and caught reaching a bit... and also seems to want to attack everything on every rep and his aggressiveness will need to be a bit harnessed in especially in his pass pro. Hansen will also need to keep working on his overall quickness, hand usage and continue to improve his overall flexibility. Yet admittedly, I can say this for 99 percent of the high school linemen I see year in and year out.

Projected level:

Brandon Hansen is still just a 2024 name here, so he still has another full year of growth and development along with another full season of video tape before starting to really begin to narrow down a proper level.Just based off his size, eyeball passing look and athletic showing in person.....I feel pretty comfortable looking at Hansen as a potential FBS/FCS level name in the 2024 class.

Rivals.com Ranking: Brandon Hansen is currently unranked in the Class of 2024. Look for Rivals,.com to release the Class of 2024 early rankings shortly.

EDGYTIM Recommended Initial Rankings:

Mid to High Three Star

Once again Brandon Hansen has very limited film and is still growing and developing as a player who has a chance to play at the college level. His varsity video highlights show some good, including his ability to get off the snap well, is more than willing to initiate contact and to also finish plays. Yet his film again is pretty much what you expect to see from a sophomore OT who is still growing and developing. Hansen's physical size and tools are very noticeable and no question will help him draw looks and potential offers. I get the feeling this coming spring and summer will be a huge breakout period for Hansen, especially the various college one day camps this summer. I can see him landing offer and really taking off this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.