Position: OT

High School: East St. Louis

Graduation Year: 2023

Height: 6-foot-7

Weight: 336 pounds

Recruiting Status: Uncommitted.

Video Link:

My impressions of Miles McVay:

I've been able to watch Miles McVay game and progression since he showed up at one of my MLK Underclassmen Showcase events as an 8th grader. McVay has been able to harness in his God given size and abilities and what stands out to me the most with McVay is his overall personality and his continued growth and development since that 8th grade first impressions. McVay has made some incredible physical improvements in the last few years and has dropped a ton of bad weight, has also transformed quite a bit of that bad weight into muscle. McVay has the eyeball passing height and length for the high Power 5 level, and his game has improved as well along with his amazing physical transformation. I've seen McVay play live multiple times in live game action along with him taking part in multiple showcase and combine camps over the past handful of years.

Evaluation of Miles McVay:

Miles McVay has developed into one of the top offensive linemen in the nation and I feel his game has made the most improvement over the past 12-15 months in my opinion. McVay's overall physical tools which includes possessing impressive height, size and length is evident and he no question passes that eyeball test easily. McVay however for me has moved the needle into that Top Tier as an offensive linemen in many ways. McVay's overall feet, footwork and balance has improved greatly since last season. McVay is much lighter, quicker and much more fluid in both his feet and hand usage compared to a season ago. McVay also has a much better and a much more consistent punch and his overall patience and not over playing or reaching to force/make blocks is also much improved. McVay as a run blocker is still impressive as McVay has now much better speed along with being more consistently making blocks at the second and third level. In pass pro, McVay again is a much more advanced blocker who's overall skills and technique is highly advanced and in many ways becoming as much of a strength for McVay than his run blocking ability.

Room for improvement?

While McVay's overall growth and physical transformation has been highly impressive (need proof? Look at McVay first and last photos taken in the Rivals database profile as evidence) he still has a bit more room to continue to slim down a bit along with getting as bit more quicker and more agile. McVay will also need to continue to hit the weight room hard while also finding ways to get work in and continue to challenge himself against higher level defensive linemen this off season and summer.

Projected level:

McVay already has scholarship offers from literally every Power 5 school in the nation. McVay I feel has an opportunity to develop and have a chance to play on Sundays. In the many years I've been scouting, evaluating and making projections....I can count on one hand the amount of kids who I've said that about as having Sunday potential and ability.

Rivals.com Ranking: Miles McVay is currently ranked by Rivals.com as a high 4 star ranked recruit, and is currently the 51st best player in the nation per Rivals.com

EDGYTIM Recommended Initial Rankings: Low 5 star ranking. Miles McVay in my mind has been and will continue to be the state's top ranked name. While others will raise and lower McVay's star rankings at various times for various reasons....I personally haven't seen anything that tells me he deserves any type of lowered ranking. Heck, I'll gladly make a case for McVay to wind up as a 5 star ranked name in the Class of 2023. Ready? McVay has made more of a physical transformation over the past handful of years as any other recruit in this class. McVay's work ethic and obvious transformation is unquestioned. McVay and his team has played against several top ranked national power programs and McVay's game held up well against those same national powers in the likes of IMG Academy, St. John Bosco along with St Louis area powers in CBC and Desmet. I have no doubt that if McVay played in say Texas, Florida or Ohio he would already be a 5 star ranked player. The fact that he plays in Illinois....a state that remains perceived as a middle of the road football talent producing state at best will no question work against him along with every other name from this state trying to reach that elusive top ranked neighborhood...that of course is in the eyes of the national experts. And that's fine....because let's face it......we here all know better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News