Name: Aidan Gray

Position: QB

High School: Naperville North

Graduation Year: 2023

Height: 6-foot-4

Weight: 195 pounds

Recruiting Status: Verbally committed to Northwestern

Video Link:

My impressions of Aidan Gray: I was able to see Aidan Gray play live in the fall of 2021 along with seeing him at several various camps and showcase events. Gray is a big, strong athletic player who is also a well spoken kid and a definite leader with a strong personality on and off the field for the Huskies. Gray this past weekend gave Northwestern his verbal commitment after adding an offer from the Wildcats a week earlier. Gray was adding more offers and looks from various Group of 5 schools along with growing interest from several Power 5 programs this winter.

Evaluation of Aidan Gray: Aidan Gray again has the look, feel and the overall physical tools to become a major higher level signal caller. Gray has good height, is pretty much already physically ready for the college level and also has good strength and is generally a very solid all around athlete. Gray shows to have well above average touch and just seems to be capable to consistently get the football in the best position possible for his receivers. Gray also showed strong overall arm talent who is also more than capable of making all the required throws. I was impressed with Gray's overall feel and pocket presence and he just seems to be able to feel oncoming pressure. Gray is a very accurate passer, has the ability to avoid pressure by using his feet well and has better than you might think running/scrambling ability here when required.

Room for improvement? Gray will need to continue to work on and improve his overall arm strength, including getting a bit more pop and zip on his 15-20 yard out ball. Gray will also need to continue to improve his overall speed/quickness and become a bit more elusive in the open field along with being better to avoid oncoming pressure with his feet. Gray also will need to improve his ability to look off his initial target and become better at looking off receivers and finding different options in the passing game.

Projected level: Rivals has Aidan Gray ranked as a low 3 star ranked recruit in the Class of 2023. Gray's early Rivals ranking is again a very conservative ranking and I look for his tape and various spring camps to get a closer look from Rivals and I would not be surprised to see a bump up in his overall star rank.

EDGYTIM Recommended Initial Rankings: I would have also started off Gray as a three star, but I feel he's a bit higher than what Rivals has and would start him off as a mid level three star. I like a lot about Aidan Gray's game and he has a decent chance at developing into a mid to high three star ranked player in the Class of 2023 and can also challenge to become a potential Top 10 ranked player in the State of Illinois Class of 2023 ranking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.