ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 9 Predictions

Just curious, in your mind, was there something MCC could have done better offensively when they lose their BEST Offensive lineman Week 2 for the rest of the year...their All-Conference WR for pretty much 2.5 games...their Air Force bound center for 2 games when they have 28 young men on their varsity roster. I like how you said “starters” too . Please share.
I didn't think that was a real shot he was taking, the way I took it was that he was making a point that the offense is currently struggling(which it is and injuries play a role in that), but either way it is still struggling. I think he was just making a comment on a fact that MCC hasn't put up a ton of point this year in response to someone saying that Viator has struggled offensively. No need to get fired up and egg him on to call out the coaches. He made no comment about the coaching staff until you mentioned "was there something MCC could have done better." State your opinion on a game, make your picks, or move on. No need to cause this cat fight.

Reactions: MR. "T" and USD24
I didn't think that was a real shot he was taking, the way I took it was that he was making a point that the offense is currently struggling(which it is and injuries play a role in that), but either way it is still struggling. I think he was just making a comment on a fact that MCC hasn't put up a ton of point this year in response to someone saying that Viator has struggled offensively. No need to get fired up and egg him on to call out the coaches. He made no comment about the coaching staff until you mentioned "was there something MCC could have done better." State your opinion on a game, make your picks, or move on. No need to cause this cat fight.
The school has had enough division the last few years! Supporters of the school need to bond together, for the future! A future that I'm very concerned about!

MCC over Viator: Woof at this game....This has 14-7 written all over it. I think the Canes play hard for their departing coach who is a very well respected man.

Marist over Benet: Marist doesn't have much stress in route to victory

Carmel over Pat's: Shamrocks don't often get past 5 wins and a long trip up to an all of a sudden resurgent Carmel just feels like trouble for St. Pat's. Close win for the Corsairs

Naz over MC: Has the book been written on how to beat Naz? Well, the Spartans won't be doing it. Hoping to see the Spartans get a shot of life in the new conference and in return, I hope it helps the school somehow someway.

JCA over ND: Ty Gavin is hands down the player of the year in the ESCC and can be argued as POY in the Chicago Area. Without him, ND is a good team, but not dangerous. If reports are true that he's not playing, I have to pick JCA as they are fighting for that 5th win and according to some, it will trigger a deep playoff run most likely to a title or something like that :p

I don't usually do this but I'm going to give it a shot.

MCC over Viator. A non playoff but very emotional game!

Marist over Benet, but not by much.

Carmel over Pats. These past few games it seems that Carmel is starting to get it.

JCA over ND! My upset pick!

Naz over Marian! New conference can't come quick enough for Marian of the Heights!

I was not upset or trying to cause any type of fight (as I have chilled this year overall). I was just curious about a few things and that was it. Injuries decimated MCC this year...fact. The young men played their asses off and should hold their heads high. Coach Maloney did an amazing job with this program considering the circus he walked into upon taking the Head Coaching position.

Reactions: DCH88 and Gene K.
Your right on Hammer! This next hire for MCC is not only very important for the football program its extremely important for the future of keeping the doors open! I am to sorry about the hijacking of the thread.

The question is will they reach back out to the alum who was their coordinator and got passed up for Maloney? He was the one who guided that string of high caliber QBs listed and had a good track record.

The question is will they reach back out to the alum who was their coordinator and got passed up for Maloney? He was the one who guided that string of high caliber QBs listed and had a good track record.
The school needs a lot of prayer right now!

MCC over Viator- Tough years for both teams, like the canes in this one, I think they are the more talented team. Finish the end of the Maloney era with a W. I wish him good luck in his future. He came into a tough situation, and it probably wasn't a good fit for either side. I do expect to see him succeed where ever he may end up. I may have not been always a huge fan but I respect his hard work and I do believe he is a quality coach. Will yet again be a crazy year at MCC, if you ask me this next hire is a must win for the school, they need to do something positive to build off of.

Marist over Benet - Congrats to Marist, I had my doubts this year and that this was Naz's conference, but they proved me wrong. Congrats and it will be interesting on how things play out in 8a

St. Patrick over Carmel - St pat's will most likely get to that 37 mark for playoff points (which I am hearing will be the mark to reach for playoff points this year) still have to think this is a must win. Even though Carmel had a rough season, I am definitely not counting them out in this one. Shamrocks by a touchdown and they have a chance to win a game or two in 5a with all of these CPS schools in there. Kind of a shame that 5a has turned into the CPS bracket, it has really diluted the field.

Naz over Marian - Has to be rough playing football at Marian Catholic

JCA over ND- Going with the upset! Must win ball game for the Hill, expecting @Jchill-1 to have a great pump up speech to fire up the entire hillmen community and they roll into the playoffs hot!

Good luck to all the bubble teams, congrats to the playoff clinchers, and to the seniors playing their last games tonight enjoy every second of it, this is the last time you will be playing the greatest game ever created, enjoy it with some of your closest friends cause you will remember this for the rest of your life.

Excited for the playoffs!

Out of the country this week...I know the Marist-Benet game will be on cable tv but does anyone know if it will be streaming online anywhere? Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT